Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pre-approvals - 2nd in 3 days

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Chase pre-approvals - 2nd in 3 days

A couple nights ago when I signed into my FU account, I had a pre selected offer for CSP. I bit and got a $9K credit line. I just signed in again and now it has pre selected me for another CSP, which I then clicked my offers and it gave me an option to Freedom, or the other 2 I already have. I app spree'd about 2 weeks ago and landed 3 cards. and I haven't had more than 2 months between the other cards aside from Buckle which is 1½ years old.  (Strangely enough, my child support payments are pushing my AAoA out, along with a car loan that I finished paying 12 years ago with HSBC that still shows somehow on EQ and TU.) I have no negatives or lates. I'm using about 30-33% of available credit.

Is this a glitch in the Matrix or am I doing something that is making Chase love me??? Either way, I'm gardening for a while.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase pre-approvals - 2nd in 3 days

What are your scores??  My guess is you have hit their sweet spot on your scores and if you have gone a while without starting new accounts outside of them you haven't viloated their sacred 4/24 rule.

Message 2 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

"I...I...I... want the knifeeeee........" Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your scores??  My guess is you have hit their sweet spot on your scores and if you have gone a while without starting new accounts outside of them you haven't viloated their sacred 4/24 rule.

That's just the thing... My TU is 705 (according to Discover), EQ 688 and EX is 669. I'm 8/24 as of right now. (Chase gave me the CSP at 7/24)

All the cards listed in my sig, besides Buckle, are from the last 9 months.

Buckle 7/15, Cap 1 MC 7/16, Discover 9/16, Chase FU 11/16, BCE 1/17, PSG Elan BOA CSP 3/17

My plan is to grow what I have, but I found it strange to get the first pre select.. THEN the 2nd one happened? Smiley Surprised

AverageJoesCredit: I love that movie! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 23
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

This just makes me angry!  I mean I'm happy for you!  I def like living through others approvals!  But gosh darnit can they show a sista some love!?!  Honestly I know im just being impatient...have you decided to grab the 2nd pre-approval?!

Message 5 of 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@AllCredit wrote:

This just makes me angry!  I mean I'm happy for you!  I def like living through others approvals!  But gosh darnit can they show a sista some love!?!  Honestly I know im just being impatient...have you decided to grab the 2nd pre-approval?!

I'm on the fence.. I don't need more cards right now, but if I go after a Slate just to cannibalize the limit into my other 2 Chase cards then what would be the harm? I'm assuming they'll use the HP they did 2 days ago (or will they?)

That's the kind of info I'm hoping to find out from someone on here. I also don't want any AA's happening, so I'm leary of pulling the trigger just on that front alone.

Strangely enough, I just checked my TU score on Discover and it went up 23 points after an app spree Smiley Surprised

@AllCredit: I hope you get all the love you desire outta Chase  Smiley Happy I dunno what I did to get their attention, but when and if I figure it out, I'll update here!

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

@AllCredit wrote:

I'm on the fence.. I don't need more cards right now, but if I go after a Slate just to cannibalize the limit into my other 2 Chase cards then what would be the harm? I'm assuming they'll use the HP they did 2 days ago (or will they?)

That's the kind of info I'm hoping to find out from someone on here. I also don't want any AA's happening, so I'm leary of pulling the trigger just on that front alone.

Strangely enough, I just checked my TU score on Discover and it went up 23 points after an app spree Smiley Surprised

@AllCredit: I hope you get all the love you desire outta Chase  Smiley Happy I dunno what I did to get their attention, but when and if I figure it out, I'll update here!

2 days is too old for Chase on a new app. Then again, a CLI with them is an HP anyhow.

You'll probably lose the 23 points and then some once your three new cards all report. I would recommend picking it up if you think you'd ask for a CLI anyway, I just noticed in your siggy that your Amex BC is pretty low -- is there a reason you haven't pursued a CLI there since it's only an SP?

Message 7 of 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@AllCredit wrote:

2 days is too old for Chase on a new app. Then again, a CLI with them is an HP anyhow.

You'll probably lose the 23 points and then some once your three new cards all report. I would recommend picking it up if you think you'd ask for a CLI anyway, I just noticed in your siggy that your Amex BC is pretty low -- is there a reason you haven't pursued a CLI there since it's only an SP?

I wasn't planning on looking for a CLI, but I was thinking if it was on the same HP, what would be the harm. If it would be another separate HP, then I'll wait for a (long!) while.

I did make an attempt on BCE at  the beginning of March and was denied because it showed my EX at 656. (I was around 35% debt to available credit on the pull they were using.) Once I get my EX back in the mid 700's I'll make another attempt.

Message 8 of 23
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Approximately how long after becoming a Chase customer do the "selected for you" offers appear? I'm getting close to 3 months now and haven't seen anything. 

Message 9 of 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Schwartzinator wrote:

Approximately how long after becoming a Chase customer do the "selected for you" offers appear? I'm getting close to 3 months now and haven't seen anything. 

I got the Chase FU back in mid-November and the first offer appeared a couple days ago.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.