Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pre-qualified offer

tag
boober
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase pre-qualified offer

I'm wondering if I can get 1 of these Chase cards.

I checked to see if I prequal at the site and they said I do for the Slate and the Freedom card.

But out of curiosity, I logged into credit karma to check the reviews on both cards, and when doing so, credit karma said that my approval odds for either card were "poor"...!

Now exactly sure how accuract CK is on this sort of thing.

Message 11 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@boober wrote:

I checked to see if I prequal at the site and they said I do for the Slate and the Freedom card.

But out of curiosity, I logged into credit karma to check the reviews on both cards, and when doing so, credit karma said that my approval odds for either card were "poor"...!

Chase is more accurate hands down.  CK approval odds have always been way off in my case.

Message 12 of 19
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I am scared to pull the trigger too. They gave me two offers slate and freedom. my EX has 2 old unpaid tax liens that I am in a NYS installment agreement on and TU shows 1. EQ they are not on there anymore,  But Chase did give me a car loan with 3 liens on all 3 this past January and they are my home bank.  This is the first time any offers have come up for me. I also did have 8 INQ fall off from my 1 car loan with Santander that I have now had 2 years no lates.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 13 of 19
navyox
Regular Contributor

@boober wrote:

CK had my approval odds for PRG and United Mileage Explorer as "poor" and I was approved instantly for both.   YMMV, of course.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 14 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@blackhawk2 wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone if aware of the accuracy of these offers.

As with any prequal/preapproval it's not a guarantee.  You can poll others but credit varies from person to person so polling really won't mean much.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was pre-qual for a Chase CSP, Slate and Freedom. Wanted a Chase Freedom Mastercard. The cs told me to apply from the mastercard site and I did, results were a 7 to 10 day. Recon the matter and got the Chase Freedom Rewards Mastercard with two hard inquiries (Chase did NOT use the pre-qual as that was a Visa) but gave me $13.5 CL with 12.9% purchase apr. Plus 15 month BT at 0% along with 0% purchases. Gotta love the $100.
Message 16 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Wanderer

Congrats on the approval and CL! Interesting that they made you app through MCs site. Why the two HPs?
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was one of the old Providian and WaMu's with an account that had a bin number starting with 4185 when Chase brought it over in 2006. Chase was being very complete. It took twenty minutes and a complete review by the Chase credit analyst to see that I was not a bad risk.
Message 18 of 19
krial
Regular Contributor

Chase also shows the Freedom and Slate for me as prequalified offers. However, I have 3 new cards as well as AU on another all from just a few months ago (July), as well as a Victoria Secret card that I got this month with the shopping cart trick. 6 inqueries on TU (which is were Chase pulled when I apped in July).

I highly doubt they would approve me despite the prequalification, so as always take it with a grain of salt.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.