cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase “pre-selected” mailers coming non stop… is this just marketing?

tag
jkry
Valued Member

Chase “pre-selected” mailers coming non stop… is this just marketing?

Aloha! My husband is receiving multiple 100,000 point offers, multiple cards and several envelopes within a week.   He is a permanent resident, and employed; but he is authorized user on my visa signature from Penfed and Amex BCP.  No credit cards under is own ssn and name.  What are the chances of approval? 

4 REPLIES 4
Seamslong
Valued Member

Re: Chase “pre-selected” mailers coming non stop… is this just marketing?

Depends on his credit score 

being authorize user reports to the bureaus 

I mean unless you're getting ready to make a huge purchase together 

it doesn't hurt to apply 

unless you don't need another credit line in that case toss them

my marketing from credit card companies have been pretty heavy lately i just rip them up

Remaining Card limit goals:
Capitol One 3,600/2,500/2,300 goal 10k each line or close after buy a home|Discover $9.5k goal 15k | Citibank $6.5k goal 10k | Southwest $8,200 goal 20k |PayPal goal $6.0k goal 10k|Wayfair $2.1k goal $5.0k

Possibly cancelling:
Amex Blue 2k | No credit line increase since inception 2017
Closed accounts
Legacy CC/Capitol One secured 08/2021
Amex 11/2022

Entered the garden on 9/01/2021
Message 2 of 5
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Those are marketing. He can check for pre-qualifications here: https://www.chase.com/prequalified 

But they are not 100% or the same as pre-approvals.

Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@jkry wrote:

Aloha! My husband is receiving multiple 100,000 point offers, multiple cards and several envelopes within a week.   He is a permanent resident, and employed; but he is authorized user on my visa signature from Penfed and Amex BCP.  No credit cards under is own ssn and name.  What are the chances of approval? 

That's pure marketing. 

If they have no accounts of their own, it's going to be denied. 

If they have accounts of their own (older than a year) with at least one of them being at $5000.00 or close to it while under 5/24, they might have a chance. 

Chase's internal algorithm "removes" AU accounts for profile evaluation, so if they have none of theirs, there is nothing to evaluate. 

However, they are included in 5/24 calculations. 

Message 4 of 5
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

I get bizarre Chase offers.

They offer 0% APR BT for my WoH and CSP cards. Those cards if any are not designed to carry a balance with but that is what they are offering me.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.