Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pulled EQ and EX?

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase pulled EQ and EX?

You've already had the HP and I don't think Chase will HP you again so keep calling back and have you a good explanation as to WHY you're applying for the slate..

GL. And remember when you start getting denied it's telling you you're going too fast and you need to garden.
Message 21 of 51
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Chase has been known to double pull, for many different cards. Not sure if it is just borderline approvals either. I got double pulled for Marriott, and bank with Chase as well as has 2 cards from them already.

They seem to double pull simultaneously at the time of application, rather than pull one bureau then another later. Both of mine appeared the same day.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 22 of 51
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I think they just like to double pull. And for those that do B*** it's a way they can make sure the inqs are staying, or maybe that's just my theory. lol
Message 23 of 51
Dr_Credit

@newmomnewme wrote:

After my excitement about the 2 Amex approvals, I decided to apply for a Chase Slate and got the "application review in process" message. Since then, I got two HP one on EQ from Chase and one on EX from First Bank NA (I am told this is Chase as well). Is this normal?  I thought they only pulled EX. I plan to call today and find out status as well as request PC from Slate to Freedom if approved.

Its their new policy. If you apply for a Chase card, they'll pull both EX and EQ. I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred last December and they pulled both for me as well. Of course I didnt know about this until it happened, and then I found out online that Citi Bank is also doing the same thing these days. Sucks! I know! Smiley Sad

Current Scores: 791 (TU), 787 (EX), 784 (EQ); Target Score: 800+
Message 24 of 51
PaBill
Regular Contributor

Is Citi pulling EX and EQ, or EX and TU?

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 25 of 51
toppers555
Established Contributor

I will have to agree I don't think it borderline appoval they pull 2 CR's.  for my explorer and marriot cards each cost a hp on TU and exp, and all were instant apporvals.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 26 of 51
PaBill
Regular Contributor

Toppers,
Was your TU/EX pull by Chase, or Citi?
EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 27 of 51
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Chase is always double pulling me. (EX and EQ)...as a matter of fact Freedom my very first Chase card resulted quadruple pull Smiley Sad ...double at app and double at verification. Marriott was double and none at verification....so it is getting better Smiley Happy...wishful thinking..LOL

Sorry for the bad news...garden and try again OP.

Message 28 of 51
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Geez, lg8302ch!

No card is worth getting DP'd.... twice!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 51
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Dr_Credit wrote:

@newmomnewme wrote:

After my excitement about the 2 Amex approvals, I decided to apply for a Chase Slate and got the "application review in process" message. Since then, I got two HP one on EQ from Chase and one on EX from First Bank NA (I am told this is Chase as well). Is this normal?  I thought they only pulled EX. I plan to call today and find out status as well as request PC from Slate to Freedom if approved.

Its their new policy. If you apply for a Chase card, they'll pull both EX and EQ. I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred last December and they pulled both for me as well. Of course I didnt know about this until it happened, and then I found out online that Citi Bank is also doing the same thing these days. Sucks! I know! Smiley Sad

ESPECIALLY if you get denied like I did!!! Do you think I would have a better chance at Freedom vs. Slate?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.