Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase questions.

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase questions.

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
I apped for the Freedom on 12/22 and got 7-10 day message. Called same day and found out I was denied. Asked CSR for recon and was patched into recon (aka loan) dept. Was recommended for approval after recon and that it had to go to another dept for final review. Told to call back after Christmas. Called 12/26 to check status. They said they needed me to fax in a copy of my SS card and proof of address and then said wait a week and call back. Called back 12/31 and they said my paperwork still was in the system but verification dept. closed for holidays. Called back 1/2 and they said paper was in system and that it was sent it to verification dept. and to call back verification dept. Called verification dept. on 1/3 said that card app had to be sent to their manager for review (sweating beads now!) and they asked me more verification questions over the phone and then said to call back in 7 days. Called back on 1/10 and it was still in review by verification dept. but rep said they could process it now. Put me on hold for 10 mins total and APPROVED!!!! Even got credit alert that a new account was opened in my name by JP Morgan Chase.

Limit: $1,000 Can't wait to get my 10,000 bonus points! Smiley Happy

Wow, that was a rough process. 

Sounds like we can all learn from this. Don't app for Chase products over the holiday's unless you are very patient...haha

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 22
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

I tried the auto system -- it never says anything but "to repeat this press 7" so I do and get same response.... I'm almost positive ill be waiting until Monday around noon... Blah.

This is my CC AA support group.. For my "waiting problem" lol

Feel like everyone is sharing a story to get through the hard waiting game HAHA!
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 12 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I learned my lesson! Talk about a panic attack! All the other recon stories I read on here weren't nearly as bad so I started planning for the worse...haha! Yikes! I think I called the auto line 15 times and it kept saying the same thing...in review. To add to the stress, I apped for a Chase Sapphire one day before I apped for the Freedom and there was no hope on that one. But I am very happy I got something for my troubles.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 13 of 22
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Rlandon87 wrote:
I tried the auto system -- it never says anything but "to repeat this press 7" so I do and get same response.... I'm almost positive ill be waiting until Monday around noon... Blah.

This is my CC AA support group.. For my "waiting problem" lol

Feel like everyone is sharing a story to get through the hard waiting game HAHA!

I got caught in that press 7 loop last night and this morning. Kinda funny... then I pressed 0 and talked to a person. 

Message 14 of 22
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Yea it's annoying and nerve racking!

One more day and I call and get an answer.... Ugh! So far away!!!
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 15 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I think you will get it considering I did after all I went through. Just keep reminding them that the card was recommended for approval. I did that every time they said something negative. I kept saying, the card WAS (accentuate that word...nicely) recommended for approval and I am just calling to check on the status. ;-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 16 of 22
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

I'm starting to thing it's solid and ill get it...

Now I'm going to be really brave and ask for 2500 CL instead of the 1k at activation. The reasoning behind this is I move 2500-3500 a month on my current cards and PIF every month. It would be nice to stop killing my UTIL and to have a bigger cushion.

Thoughts?
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 17 of 22
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

APPROVED!!!!! Smiley Happy)

Had to verify my identity, and say that I did in fact apply for the card.

Now.... When it comes in to ask for a higher CL!
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 18 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Let me know how the credit limit increase request goes! I want a higher limit too as I only got $1,000. Rep told me to request it in 6 months. Smiley Sad
Message 19 of 22
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

I will- I'm sure it's a slim chance due to having to recon for approval... But never hurts to ask!
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.