Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase "Respond now" Credit Card

tag
RedWolfFish77
Valued Member

Chase "Respond now" Credit Card

What does it mean on Chase's website when one of their cards says "Respond now" instead of "Learn More"? I was going through their website to learn it since I always use their mobile app. On their credit cards page, all of their cards said learn more in blue then the Southwest Rapid rewards says "respond now" I am hoping to figure out what this means. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase "Respond now" Credit Card

I don't have any personal experience with Chase cards since a while back, but it sounds to me like you're preapproved for it. Perhaps someone with more Chase experience can provide more insight. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@RedWolfFish77 wrote:

What does it mean on Chase's website when one of their cards says "Respond now" instead of "Learn More"? I was going through their website to learn it since I always use their mobile app. On their credit cards page, all of their cards said learn more in blue then the Southwest Rapid rewards says "respond now" I am hoping to figure out what this means. Thank you. 

Nothing.

Just another marketing statement if you have any products that Chase is inviting you to apply or there's an expiration date on a specific promotion.

Unless you have green/black star offers that explicitly state you've been pre-approved, then it's just another marketing offer. So, if you're pre-approved for something you want, time is of the essence before that offer goes *poof*

Message 3 of 18
vinathi
Valued Member

chase pre qualify question

Hello, 

I have a chase checking and savings account. Today I went through the credit cards section and found an interesting option. For most of the credit cards it is showing Learn more and for Southwest it was showing Respond Now. Is it a pre-qualification? Please click on the below link to see the screenshot. Can some one who already has relationship with chase can clarify me here?

https://ibb.co/6HkBjtd

Thanks

Vinathi

Message 4 of 18
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@FinStar I felt for this - I got all excited as, I am Beyond LOL/24 and i thought it was a new Pre Approval - Crap - Applied - didnt get an "instant" decline but got "Will let you know our decisio by US Mail"

Message 5 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PointsBonus wrote:

@FinStar I felt for this - I got all excited as, I am Beyond LOL/24 and i thought it was a new Pre Approval - Crap - Applied - didnt get an "instant" decline but got "Will let you know our decisio by US Mail"

@PointsBonus tsk tsk tsk 😂 Couldn't resist, could you? 

Which one did you go for? I would be curious on the outcome, though. I saw this one in Approvals and thought of you!

Did you get the same message/language as the OPs offer?

Message 6 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chase pre qualify question

@vinathi wrote:

Hello, 

I have a chase checking and savings account. Today I went through the credit cards section and found an interesting option. For most of the credit cards it is showing Learn more and for Southwest it was showing Respond Now. Is it a pre-qualification? Please click on the below link to see the screenshot. Can some one who already has relationship with chase can clarify me here?

https://ibb.co/6HkBjtd

Thanks

Vinathi

@vinathi - see replies upthread. 

Unfortunately, it is not a pre-approved offer. It would need to explicitly state that you're pre-approved with either a green or black star offer next to it. If you're not seeing this based on the link you shared, then it's just a standard marketing offer.

Message 7 of 18
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@FinStar exact same as OP - but, funny thing is - ONLY GAVE ME "Respond Offer" for the Normal Southwest card ONLY IF I WAS LOGGED in and clicked on "open account" - showed me other credit cards, they said Learn More. 

hey you never know - it wasn't a Instant Decline

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase cc offer? 'respond now' vs 'learn more'

I have 5 accts on my credit journey at chase website, 2 of them store cards(added 2 more this year, possibly 1 more if I reinstate US Cash + secured, and also unreported Tomo).

Today checked the top left row 'open an account', then pressed credit card.

6 private ones are on view, MBB, CSP, CSR, UE, CSE have 'learn more' button on it.

Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus has 'respond now' button on it

What does this mean, and if it is an actual(semi?) offer, does this mean Chase is loosening its 5/24 rule at least for co-branded products.

Not applying since I don't use Southwest(Spirit, then AA), but just curious. Should I be a guinea pig and check it out lol.

Message 9 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase cc offer? 'respond now' vs 'learn more'

@Anonymous - this topic already exists. Reference above discussion.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.