cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase recon fail...Has anyone had this happen before?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase recon fail...Has anyone had this happen before?

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting but I have read through this forum, which has helped me out a great deal. The info you guys put on here is priceless. 

So my question is has anyone had this happen before? It is a first for me. I recently applied for a Chase slate card. I knew I would get declined, so I called the recon number and was denied. The reason Chase gave was because I recently opened a new account (I got approved for a Sapphire card thanks to this forum). I asked if Chase no longer gives multiple cards and she said not if it is within 6 months. I was just curious what other's experiences have been.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Chase recon fail...Has anyone had this happen before?

Chase has yet to approve me for 1 card. So congrats on getting one with them! But that is policy with several companys. Hsbc is about every 6 months and cap on is every 60 days.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting but I have read through this forum, which has helped me out a great deal. The info you guys put on here is priceless. 

So my question is has anyone had this happen before? It is a first for me. I recently applied for a Chase slate card. I knew I would get declined, so I called the recon number and was denied. The reason Chase gave was because I recently opened a new account (I got approved for a Sapphire card thanks to this forum). I asked if Chase no longer gives multiple cards and she said not if it is within 6 months. I was just curious what other's experiences have been.

I had a similar, but different situation. I had applied for Slate just because I thought it looked cool, )dumb reason, I know,) and was approved. After the card came, I realized that I would have been better off with one of their rewards cards. I asked to product change and they said that is not an option for 6 mos and neither is applying for a 2nd card.  Hope that helps....

Message 3 of 8
saaws
New Contributor

I applied for Chase United Airlines Visa on 9/02, got approved, and applied for Chase Best Buy store credit on 9/26 (without knowing it was chase.. I thought it would be HSBC) But they still approved me for the store credit as well.

I talked to a banker about this and he said, "you can apply and sometimes they will still approve you if they like what they saw.", and actually anecdotically, on Flyertalk credit card forum, there were some people who were churning miles, from BA Visa 100,000 miles, then 1 month later Continental Airlines Visa 40,000 miles, but then two months later get declined for united miles plus visa 50,000 miles.I guess this is really where Whim of the approval person (or computer) decides the fate.

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

glad its not just me

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"you can apply and sometimes they will still approve you if they like what they saw."

Guess they didn't like what they saw maybe even were wondering how I got a card to begin with

Message 6 of 8
saaws
New Contributor

Aw, don't feel that way.  I actually want Chase Continental Presidential Plus Visa a lot, but I am not applying because I have a strong feeling that they will decline me this time.

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mross1080 wrote:

Chase has yet to approve me for 1 card. So congrats on getting one with them! But that is policy with several companys. Hsbc is about every 6 months and cap on is every 60 days.

+1

I've been trying to get my foot in the door with Chase for awhile now... When my scores were better.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.