Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reporting: Is this common?

tag
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Chase reporting: Is this common?

Just curious if this is common knowledge. I never see it mentioned here, and I searched briefly through 5 pages but couldn't find a post about this.

Everytime I pay my Chase accounts to a ZERO balance, no matter the time of month, Chase updates my 3 CRs as ZERO balance.

For instance, if my payment is due the first and I pay the balance in full (or not), it'll update as such ~5 days later. If I charge whatever on the card and pay that balance in full on let's say the 10th, same thing happens and the 0 balance is updated with the CRA ~5 days later.

So in theory, one really doesn't have to worry about util with Chase. This holds true for both my csp and freedom.

Does this apply to everyone else? Again, I apologize if this is common knowledge but curiosity got the best of me.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase reporting: Is this common?

@TrialByFire wrote:

Just curious if this is common knowledge. I never see it mentioned here, and I searched briefly through 5 pages but couldn't find a post about this.

Everytime I pay my Chase accounts to a ZERO balance, no matter the time of month, Chase updates my 3 CRs as ZERO balance.

For instance, if my payment is due the first and I pay the balance in full (or not), it'll update as such ~5 days later. If I charge whatever on the card and pay that balance in full on let's say the 10th, same thing happens and the 0 balance is updated with the CRA ~5 days later.

So in theory, one really doesn't have to worry about util with Chase. This holds true for both my csp and freedom.

Does this apply to everyone else? Again, I apologize if this is common knowledge but curiosity got the best of me.

Yes Chase does this... A definite benefit with Chase cards!   So lets say you have 40% utilization reporting on chase card and you want to apply for another card and get a good limits/apr you simply pay off Chae card fully if you want it to report wait a few days for it to report 0 balance then apply for whatever card.  

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a Chase thing...happens to me and others all the time. Nice feature!

Message 3 of 19
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Good deal I hope they don't ever stop either! Must be their consolation prize for lack of generosity w/ their coveted auto cli.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@TrialByFire wrote:

Yes Chase does this... A definite benefit with Chase cards!   So lets say you have 40% utilization reporting on chase card and you want to apply for another card and get a good limits/apr you simply pay off Chae card fully if you want it to report wait a few days for it to report 0 balance then apply for whatever card.  

Is is only with zero balance, CC? For example, conversely,  do they ever report off cycle when you place a large charge on the card? (hope not) Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just 0 balance or normal cycle reporting

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, CC. Now, on the complete other end of the spectrum, you have Comenity- who doesn't send an update to the CRA's for months if you have a zero balance! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@TrialByFire wrote:

It has definitely been discussed before even if it's not in the last 5 pages of active threads.  Don't overlook a site restricted Google search as a tool:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=chase%20update%...

Message 8 of 19
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@TrialByFire wrote:

Good deal I hope they don't ever stop either! Must be their consolation prize for lack of generosity w/ their coveted auto cli.

Spot on. Needle in a haystack for a chase auto CLI.

Message 9 of 19
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know, CC. Now, on the complete other end of the spectrum, you have Comenity- who doesn't send an update to the CRA's for months if you have a zero balance! Smiley Happy

Or Synchrony.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.