Did you mean: 

Chase restricting Sapphire SUBs from 24mo to 48mo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase restricting Sapphire SUBs from 24mo to 48mo

@SBR249 wrote:

@Ardecko wrote:
Regular users are quite oblivious to the entire game, that's what makes then regular users.

This has very little effect on them, as the typical credit mindset either leaves them with lots of high util cards (which no SUB would ever lead to positive ROI), with one to two cards that they got years ago and are content with, or zero cards (because usury! or credit is the devil's toy, or I don't need no stinking credit cards).

I expect very few regulars(percentage wise) have ever PC'd a card or are aware that SUBs exist.

This change only affects churners. If you think it affects you, see previous sentence. (I'm sorry you didn't know you were a churner. It happens.)

I disagree, I think there are a large proportion of CC saavy people who would not repeatedly close and open the same CCs to get SUBs which is the standard definition of CC churning that I'm aware of. Sure, SUB chasing is a thing but I'm sure most people would either keep/SD the card or close it after getting their SUB rather than repeatedly doing the same thing. 

You are right most people are too lazy to sign up for a card,  meet the required spend, use the points and then cancel the card with never carrying a balance.  A lot of people will even carry balances and pay crazy interest on the cards. I get it us chutneys are not profitable and they want to increase their profits. I don't have a Saphire card so this doesn't effect me.

Message 11 of 35
redpat
Senior Contributor

No big deal if you have one, it’s either 48 months or no transfers from freedoms or business cards to CSR, I hope.  I’ll take the 48 months since i have no reason to close my CSR.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 12 of 35
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Churners open cards for the Subs and close them before the annual fee and try rinse repeat with anything they can get their hands on....

I'm no churner... I recognize good opportunities and use them to my benefit if it suits my needs and keep My cards open long term........

I consider myself a educated consumer that doesn't put me on the same plain as the people purposefully trying to game the system ....
Message 13 of 35
SBR249
Established Contributor

Oh boy, I may have opened that can of worms. My point originally was that knowing how to PC a card and what a SUB is does not a churner make. Churning is what makes a churner...Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 35
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MrDFinance wrote:
I consider myself a educated consumer that doesn't put me on the same plain as the people purposefully trying to game the system ....

Don't forget the *an there for your education.

Message 15 of 35
redpat
Senior Contributor

There is so much churn going on in this thread its turned to butter.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 16 of 35
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Proper grammar on the internet is so 2005
Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this thread still has room for more generalizations about "regulars."

Message 18 of 35
iced
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:
The biggest bank in America, last quarter making over 8B in pure profit and they shaft a few trying to make a living off SUBs. Thats all Im going to say before I violate board rules.

Somehow I doubt that will cause the average person in the street to set up barricades.  Churning is not exactly considered honest work by the masses (once you explain what it is).   "they shaft a few trying to use a trick who drive up costs for all" would be another view!

Can I kudo this twice?

Message 19 of 35
redpat
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
The biggest bank in America, last quarter making over 8B in pure profit and they shaft a few trying to make a living off SUBs. Thats all Im going to say before I violate board rules.

May I suggest you add the stock to your portfolio......If you can't beat'em then join'em.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.