Re: Chase restricting Sapphire SUBs from 24mo to 48mo

Let’s try to keep posts to the subject matter.  Thank you

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:
The biggest bank in America, last quarter making over 8B in pure profit and they shaft a few trying to make a living off SUBs. Thats all Im going to say before I violate board rules.

May I suggest you add the stock to your portfolio......If you can't beat'em then join'em.

I own Berkshire who own Bank of America.  They got options to buy them for 7 dollars a share during the financial crisis.  So last year they exercised options and bought 700k shares are 7 dollars a share.  So they are up 17 billion on those shares.  Personally own American Express and Toronto Dominion.  Sold my Wells Fargo for a healthy profit.  These banks are good to me as both a customer and an owner. 

Anyway I think this thread should be locked.  People are just trolling in it.  

Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know if you can still double dip?

I'm not trying to churn but wouldn't mind getting both still as long as the bonus is there. Otherwise the spend is inconvenient
Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not trying to churn but wouldn't mind getting both still as long as the bonus is there. Otherwise the spend is inconvenient

You can’t have both the CSR and CSP at the same time unless it’s a result of a product change.  Change recently changed their ‘rules’ so that you can not get 2 cards in the same family.  Same as you can’t have both the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited at same time.

Message 24 of 35
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can’t have both the CSR and CSP at the same time unless it’s a result of a product change.  Change recently changed their ‘rules’ so that you can not get 2 cards in the same family.  Same as you can’t have both the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited at same time.

You can double dip if its same day but ymmv with if it will work or not. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 25 of 35
yfan
Valued Contributor

This is not the least bit surprising and a pretty smart move on Chase's part. Sounds like they have figured out that people get an AF-waived product for a year, then downgrade before the AF hits, but continue to take advantage of the product by having their SO app. Then it can go back to the first partner next year. Making the delay 48 months means someone somewhere gotta pay the AF to continue to take advantage of the benefits without break.

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some people who have double dipped have have had their accounts closed.  So you do risk getting labeled a break-out risk from their computers.  

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some people who have double dipped have have had their accounts closed.  So you do risk getting labeled a break-out risk from their computers.  

That or they'll just close one of the 2 cards.

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can have chase freedom and chase freedom unlimited at same time. I have it, applied legitimately and they approved after a manual app review (I was way over 5/24)
Message 29 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
You can have chase freedom and chase freedom unlimited at same time. I have it, applied legitimately and they approved after a manual app review (I was way over 5/24)

As mentioned by others above, this outcome is very much YEMV.  There have been numerous threads, not just on these forums, that have also reported not so successful.  

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.