Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase sapphire or sapphire preferred

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Chase sapphire or sapphire preferred

is it easier to get chase sapphire or the CSP if i am currently a freedom cardholder?? am thinkin of applying in may of 2013 when all of my new accounts are gonna be a year or at least a year old.... and when my last collection falls off but still have 2 charge offs from 6 years ago.... my freedom will be 7 months then... hopefully, scores would be in the 700's if there's no new negatives pop up... any thoughts?

please list scores and baddies at the time of approval, it will help a lot .... thanks in advance!

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pkosheta
Contributor

Re: Chase sapphire or sapphire preferred

My guess is the requirements are the same.  One just has a 95 dollar annual fee and some extra perks.  When u go on the chase website, get emails, etc sometimes it references you have he preffered version, but a lot of time it just refers to your sapphire account.   U can always downgrade pref to regular before the annual fee hits the next year as I plan to do!!  Best to app in march so u get the annual dividend before your annual fee hits the following year ( they say it gets credited in jan or feb.) that way if u downgrade u don't miss out and u get as much of the year for that extra .07/.14 as possible

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 2 of 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:

is it easier to get chase sapphire or the CSP if i am currently a freedom cardholder?? am thinkin of applying in may of 2013 when all of my new accounts are gonna be a year or at least a year old.... and when my last collection falls off but still have 2 charge offs from 6 years ago.... my freedom will be 7 months then... hopefully, scores would be in the 700's if there's no new negatives pop up... any thoughts?

please list scores and baddies at the time of approval, it will help a lot .... thanks in advance!

Either way both are easy to get with a previous relationship with Chase, but looking at your scores and limits, CSP may be a far reach since they do like to see experience with a minimum $5000 limit for it. But since you're waiting for some baddies to pop off your scores will definitely increase and 5 months will make it even better!

Since I'm a.) not much of a big spender on travel/other things just yet, b.) loathe annual fee cards (though i'll probably change my mind once I have a real career and my spending increases exponentially on travel) and c.) thought I would be taking a mini-vacation soon that involved booking a trip, I app'd for the Chase Sapphire 11/15. No baddies, negatives, late payments, 2 years 5 months oldest tradeline, AAoA of 19 months, and CK of 755, credit.com of 733, and CS of 754, I pulled the trigger. Got a $10,000 limit, and had the Freedom for almost a year with a $7000 limit Smiley Happy it was in further review for 5 days though!

Hope that helped a little Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

Either way both are easy to get with a previous relationship with Chase, but looking at your scores and limits, CSP may be a far reach since they do like to see experience with a minimum $5000 limit for it. But since you're waiting for some baddies to pop off your scores will definitely increase and 5 months will make it even better!

Since I'm a.) not much of a big spender on travel/other things just yet, b.) loathe annual fee cards (though i'll probably change my mind once I have a real career and my spending increases exponentially on travel) and c.) thought I would be taking a mini-vacation soon that involved booking a trip, I app'd for the Chase Sapphire 11/15. No baddies, negatives, late payments, 2 years 5 months oldest tradeline, AAoA of 19 months, and CK of 755, credit.com of 733, and CS of 754, I pulled the trigger. Got a $10,000 limit, and had the Freedom for almost a year with a $7000 limit Smiley Happy it was in further review for 5 days though!

Hope that helped a little Smiley Happy

I don't travel a lot either.... just like the looks of the card...lol.... am in the garden for almost two months... i won't be applying for anything til april or may... hopefully by then, a lender would trust me with 5k limit....

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.