cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase sapphire preferred excluding the 250$ bonus Is there any other reason I should use the portal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase sapphire preferred excluding the 250$ bonus Is there any other reason I should use the portal?

I can get a little better deal booking straight through the carriers despite losing the 250$ bonus from my 100k points bonus when booked through chase portal. I prefer to book straight with the carrier to avoid booking issues with expedia/chase portal. I would like to know if all the protections and perks still apply if I use my chase sapphire preferred but skip the chase rewards portal. I should get 1,000 cash back to use towards my flight. 

1st question : Do I still have all the protections such as trip interruption, lost baggage, car rental collision and so on if I dont purchase through the portal?

2nd Do these perks actually cover anything? Example the trip interruption does not seem to cover if the airline cancels or screws up the timing of my connecting flights

3rd question Are these insurance provided any good or should I look for other protections and do I need them at all? 

4th question Does anyone cover you when an airline cancels or causes you to miss your connecting flight?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.