cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase sapphire preferred points

Valued Member

Chase sapphire preferred points

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? also If not whats a good LEGAL way to do it with out actually having to spend 3k.. 

thanks

TU 751 | EQ 742| EX 741 Credit History: 2 years 8 months. Star date was Jan 2014. Current Cards: Capital One QuickSilver $4750/ Discover It $2250/ Chase Sapphire Preferred: $6000/ Care Credit: $4500. Barclay Apple Rewards: $4500/ fidelity bank: $1000/ Amex blue cash preferred $11000/ Capital one venture: $5000/ Amazon Prime store credit: $2700
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Chase sapphire preferred points

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? 

thanks

They'll charge em back to ya.

Even CapOne does this. My current rewards balance on my QS/V is -$0.26.

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 2 of 41
Valued Member

I actually just got off the phone with them, they said that if I do that and the points are awared before I return then nothong they can do.. but if I return before points are awared then I wouldnt be awared anything 

Nixon wrote:

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? 

thanks

TU 751 | EQ 742| EX 741 Credit History: 2 years 8 months. Star date was Jan 2014. Current Cards: Capital One QuickSilver $4750/ Discover It $2250/ Chase Sapphire Preferred: $6000/ Care Credit: $4500. Barclay Apple Rewards: $4500/ fidelity bank: $1000/ Amex blue cash preferred $11000/ Capital one venture: $5000/ Amazon Prime store credit: $2700
Message 3 of 41
Super Contributor

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

I actually just got off the phone with them, they said that if I do that and the points are awared before I return then nothong they can do.. but if I return before points are awared then I wouldnt be awared anything 

Nixon wrote:

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

I wouldn't count on it.....Can't believe you had the nerve to actually call them on that one! Lol. Smiley Very Happy

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 4 of 41
Valued Contributor

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? also If not whats a good way to do it with out actually having to spend 3k.. 

thanks

Manufactured Spending.

Enter at your own risk.

Message 5 of 41
Valued Member

Nixon wrote:

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Nixon wrote:

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

I wouldn't count on it.....Can't believe you had the nerve to actually call them on that one! Lol. Smiley Very Happy

Lol, Why not? I wouldnt think it's illegal.. still a transaction. 

Message 6 of 41
Regular Contributor

Arrival+ makes it pretty clear you don't keep points when you return something.  

I just put EVERYTHING I could on my card--my cell phone bill, my cable/internet bill, subscriptions, food, drugstore, services like my twice-a-year window cleaning, etc.  About the only things I couldn't put on my card are my other credit card payments and mortgage.  I wound up making that sum pretty easily.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 7 of 41
Super Contributor

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Nixon wrote:

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Nixon wrote:

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

Lol, Why not? I wouldnt think it's illegal.. still a transaction. 

I find it more comical than anything that you'd actually call them about that.

Is there a reason you can't meet the spend the intended way?

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 8 of 41
Valued Member

Ghoshida wrote:

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? also If not whats a good way to do it with out actually having to spend 3k.. 

thanks

Manufactured Spending.

Enter at your own risk.

By all means, If it's something illegal I will NOT do it. I asked and they said its really not illegal its still a transaction wheather returned or not. just have to do it in the right timing. 

Message 9 of 41
Super Contributor

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Ghoshida wrote:

Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

Manufactured Spending.

Enter at your own risk.

By all means, If it's something illegal I will NOT do it. I asked and they said its really not illegal its still a transaction weather returned or not. just have to do it in the right timing. 

I'm even more surprised at their answer... Smiley Surprised

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 10 of 41