cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase seriously rocks with customer service.

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Chase seriously rocks with customer service.

I knew this already; so many here have experienced the fabulousness that is Chase CS.

I received my Ink in the mail and decided I would have preferred a higher limit. I called the backdoor business line and got it doubled from 5k to 10k.  While I was at it, I decided I would try to recon my recent denial for an APR reduction on my Freedom. I learned several things between recon and CS reps:

1) Chase is always a HP unless you have a report within 7 days.

2) Chase does not pull for APR reduction, but if you are a former WAMU client, you can pretty much forget about the APR unless you PC or close out the Freedom and open another.  The CSR confirmed that WAMU clients almost never get an APR reduction, and the rates are unusually high for no apparent reason.

3) Sometimes CS is even better than the Chase usual awesomeness. The CSR felt so bad that he could not reduce my APR (It cannot be done manually and is reviewed every six months in "the system") and was so baffled by the fact that it is SO high (28%), that he removed the last three months of interest charges as a courtesy.

4) He also told me that the business lines do not report to personal credit and will not help my util.  I know this has been argued here, but straight from CS, that is what I was told.

5) You do not have to wait 6 months on an initial CLI, but I was told by both Ink and Freedom that you will usually get a CLI if you call at the 6 month mark and have proved worthy.

6) ALWAYS recon. If you have ONE baddie on your file that is unexplained (I had a paid tax lien that was not showing paid and was not my lien) they will deny you credit.  I have ALWAYS gotten results with the recon line, and usually they are ridiculously, over the top nice.

I know I should probably diversify and carry something other than Chase as well, but they have been amazing.  And now I am really done apping, since the only CRA that ever gets pulled for me here in Florida is EQ, and it took a big hit with the THREE Chase pulls this month.  Smiley Sad  Seriously, doesn't anyone pull TU or EX here?!?

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase seriously rocks with customer service.

Message 2 of 5
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome; I would never have gotten this far without the help of this board! (Not to mention I am working through my phone phobia issues!)

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 3 of 5
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@LisaJ wrote:

2) Chase does not pull for APR reduction, but if you are a former WAMU client, you can pretty much forget about the APR unless you PC or close out the Freedom and open another.  The CSR confirmed that WAMU clients almost never get an APR reduction, and the rates are unusually high for no apparent reason.

To add to this, a Chase CSR informed me that this only applies to accounts facing the penalty APR -- the CARD Act requires lenders to periodically review these accounts and lower their rate to the pre-penalty APR if the account is now in good standing. I was told by the lending department that the only way to ever get a lower APR on my Freedom card (23.24% since application) was to apply for a new one.

Message 4 of 5
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@LisaJ wrote:

To add to this, a Chase CSR informed me that this only applies to accounts facing the penalty APR -- the CARD Act requires lenders to periodically review these accounts and lower their rate to the pre-penalty APR if the account is now in good standing. I was told by the lending department that the only way to ever get a lower APR on my Freedom card (23.24% since application) was to apply for a new one.

Yup, Chase sucks when it comes to APR reductions. You are pretty much stuck with the initial APR you got in the beginning. This is why I don't recommend people building/rebuilding credit to apply for Chase credit cards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.