Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase starting limits for first chase cards

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase starting limits for first chase cards

@FinStar wrote:
SLs for both Freedom/FU and Amazon/Amazon Prime can range anywhere from $500 - $20,000. It all depends on your overall profile, internal history with Chase (if applicable) and income.

In 2004, I got a $25K starting limit on Chase Amazon...

Message 11 of 21
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

So I have a question..I was reading another post where someone was denied by chase because their oldest card was a store card and chase didn't count it.

my husbands profile is as follows:

oldest card is les swab (store card) 12.5 yrs

two closed accounts at 9.5 years

2 bank cards opened in May 2018

1 bank card opened in August

Im affraid they would see this as only having history since May? Do they count the closed cards from 9.5 years ago?

Message 12 of 21
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

My first Chase card was the Freedom Unlimited. I had very little credit history and fairly low income and I got an SL of $2500.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 24k with a score around 700.  Wife got 27k with a score around 800.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had very little credit history also but 720 score and SL on CFU @ $2,500. Auto CLI to $4,500 after 4 months. It has since been closed because of my App Spree lol.
Message 15 of 21
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

@khmer07

did they close the card on you? How many new cards did you get at the same time that worried them? 

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they closed down the account. Discover It and Paypal 2% showed up on my reports a while after with a bunch of new inquiries. So I've had it for only about 5-6months before it was closed.
Message 17 of 21
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know the limit of cards you can apply for at the same time where chase would cut you off like that...like a certain amount of cards in x amount of time after getting a chase card!

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you value your Chase accounts, I wouldn't apply for anything until maybe after 6 months of approval. And even then maybe only 1 account lol. If your profile is thicker you might get away with it though.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first Chase was the IHG and it started at $15,400. 30 days later I got the Ritz at $18,100. I think the score they showed for me was 736 at the time.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.