Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase: switching rewards type.

tag
voidman
Established Contributor

Chase: switching rewards type.

I have a chase freedom card that rewards me with 3X points on top 3 category. I saw the option that I can switch the rewards type from points to cash.

My questions is, will there be an inq for switching the rewards type? 

Will the existing points be converted to cash rewards?

Thanks in advance. 

-void
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase: switching rewards type.

Since you are not requesting additional credit, I don't see why they would do an inquiry. I spoke with a CSR about the rewards being switched, many months ago and he said it was simple to do. The points would convert to the cash equivalent.

I have seen the button to ask to switch although I have not used it myself. I suppose you could call and speak with someone to be sure.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly it is an easy switch but not a 1 cent per point switch. Its been awhile since I looked into the Freedom card though.

Goodluck!

Message 3 of 5
voidman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since you are not requesting additional credit, I don't see why they would do an inquiry. I spoke with a CSR about the rewards being switched, many months ago and he said it was simple to do. The points would convert to the cash equivalent.

I have seen the button to ask to switch although I have not used it myself. I suppose you could call and speak with someone to be sure.

Swtiched from points to cash.  No problem should get a confirmation letter about the swtich soon. 

-void
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also seen the button to switch on their website. I'm already at cash and have no intention of switching, but for others that may be interested, it looks pretty easy.

Glad you were able to get your rewards converted easily, voidman.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.