Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase travel portal changing again next year

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Chase travel portal changing again next year

About 2 years ago, Chase switched from CXLoyalty to Expedia for their travel portal. Now, Chase just purchased CXLoyalty and will be switching the portal back to them next year.

TPG is optimistic about the change - I'm not sure if I am or not, I guess I'll wait and see. I wasn't "around" before the Expedia change, so I don't know if it became better or worse as a result.

Maybe this means we'll finally be able to book Disney tickets on the portal again in the near future Smiley Wink

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase travel portal changing again next year

I actually like the Expedia set up through Chase. More so than the old portal. 

Message 2 of 10
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

I actually like the Expedia set up through Chase. More so than the old portal. 

I like it too, which is why I'm a little nervous about this change. I've always had good experience with the Expedia portal - very easy to book and modify or cancel trips, and tons of options to pick from, including vacation rentals and local experiences. Hopefully this new portal has all of that and more... fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 10
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I didn't use the Chase portal under either contractor because I prefer to book directly with the airline, hotel, or car rental agency.  I had several bad experiences with Expedia in the past when I dealt with them directly, so I'm glad to see them go from the Chase cards.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I didn't use the Chase portal under either contractor because I prefer to book directly with the airline, hotel, or car rental agency.  I had several bad experiences with Expedia in the past when I dealt with them directly, so I'm glad to see them go from the Chase cards.

Right, but with CSR in particular, if you don't want to transfer points, you have to use the portal to get the 1.5cpp bonus.

Message 5 of 10
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Right, but with CSR in particular, if you don't want to transfer points, you have to use the portal to get the 1.5cpp bonus.

And that's exactly what I do!  Transferring points works fine for me.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 10
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

And that's exactly what I do!  Transferring points works fine for me.

It works for most people, but unfortunately it doesn't work great for me because I use UR points for rental cars and hotels mostly; rental car transfer partners aren't a thing, and I'm not thrilled with the transfer ratios to hotel partners. I already have more airline miles than I know what to do with, so transferring UR points to airlines doesn't do me any good.

Message 7 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If it’s the same cxLoyalty that Citi uses then god help us as their customer service is horrible.
Message 8 of 10
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
If it’s the same cxLoyalty that Citi uses then god help us as their customer service is horrible.

It is... but Chase actually just bought their whole company, so theoretically if they don't like their customer service they can fire them all and hire new ones. Whether they will or not, who knows.

Message 9 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Saw a blurb about the purchase the other day.  Interesting and I wonder if this will affect others who currently use it, like Citi.

I do like the Expedia layout better and it's usually better at being transparent about which fare codes the underlying ticket is using, but I did not have any issues with it before the switch and have not had any with Citi using the same system.  Full transparency, my portal redemptions were always Delta or a partner so any issues with changes, cancellations, or IRROPs I have been able to just call the Delta elite lines or the partner's SkyTeam Elite Plus line so my experiences may not be applicable for the average person making air, and particularly hotel and car reservations where the issuing agency (rather than operating airline) may actually be the entity you need to contact.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.