Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase update income/CLI email

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase update income/CLI email

I received a routine email from Chase today (image below) asking me to update my income and suggesting that by doing so a CLI could be in store.  I'm sure that's just a fluff incentive to get people to actually update their income, but I figured I'd post about it anyway.  My question to those that have received this email and/or those that have updated their income, are there any examples of a CLI following shortly after?  Also, I'm curious if many of you have received this email recently, perhaps suggesting it's something Chase sends to all cardholders around the same time, or if it goes out periodically based on another factor like length of time since last income update, account anniversary date, etc.

chase.jpg

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase update income/CLI email

I’ve never received an email, but earlier in the year, I did have a message on my account that said the same thing. I did update my income, and a few months later I saw that I’d received a CLI. I recently saw this message again, so I updated again lol. It can’t hurt, right. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, when you updated your income last time that may have stimulated a CLI, by what % increase did your reported income with them go up?  Just curious if it was something small like a routine 2% inflation type increase, or if you had a significant (say) 10%+ income increase.

Message 3 of 26
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

I’ve never received that email, but I update my income with Chase annually and have had two credit cards with them for 15 years with no auto CLI in the past 10 years. They are stingy.
Message 4 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

All CC's do this yearly or should, nothing special.  If one was to get a CLI from it I doubt there is any correlation between updating income and a CLI especially with Chase.  If you use a good portion of your CL with then then sure there is a chance you will get a CLI, but from this email or request we all get yearly i doubt any of us see an increase on current cards just so Chase can keep their records up to date

Message 5 of 26
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I've received this email before.  Last one was about a month ago.  Not the first time I've received it and probably won't be the last.  Nonetheless I've never received anything from it.  Like CC said, I'm sure it stems from a need to annually update information.  

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with all of you that it's just a ploy to get people to update/verify their income.

I find their approach interesting though, sort of as if they are dangling a carrot.  If you look at the body of the email, the first point references a potential "CLI boost."  Below that, it tells you to update your income.  This just seems well thought out; Want a CLI?  Update your income and you may get it.  Smart on the part of Chase, no doubt.  They probably get a significantly greater number of people to update their income info this way compared to a traditional non-carrot-dangling email.

Message 7 of 26
redpat
Senior Contributor

Got, ignored it. Lol, CSR CL is 50k
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One sends these out too. Never has one resulted in a near term CLI but I have had 3 auto CLIs total (after my credit steps auto CLI) so I am sure it factored into that but those all came months after updating my income.
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  I can't recall ever getting one of these from Capital One and I've had that account quite a bit longer than my Chase accounts.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.