Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase will be offering CSP Chip and signature

tag
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Chase will be offering CSP Chip and signature

conversions by the end of the year. I talked to customer service yesterday and they said they won't be offering chip and pin so it's a possibility that for US users of credit cards there will only be chip and signature offered as the majority in the coming years.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase will be offering CSP Chip and signature

Interesting.  But for some odd reason, I can't really imagine having the chip on my CSP right now, I don't think it would look right.  Any thoughts?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Interesting.  But for some odd reason, I can't really imagine having the chip on my CSP right now, I don't think it would look right.  Any thoughts?

Agreed.  Depending on how it's done, could detract from the aesthetics of the card. 

Put the chip on the back of the card, where the numbers are?  Issue the chip with only a plastic card?  Provlde all users with a metal/non-chip card and a plastic/chip card?  We shall see....!

Message 3 of 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Agreed.  Depending on how it's done, could detract from the aesthetics of the card. 

Put the chip on the back of the card, where the numbers are?  Issue the chip with only a plastic card?  Provlde all users with a metal/non-chip card and a plastic/chip card?  We shall see....!

+1

I don't really care about the EMV chip, but how about Chase using the money to make the card a bit heavier, like the Rtiz?  I would rather have the heavier feel of the card than what now is the 'popular' EMV chip technology that all cards are offering.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

That's a potential concern with adding EMV to any card.  Overlaying my CSP with my BCP (EMV) it seems like the current design would need to be altered as the contacts would fall over the word "Preferred".  IMO it should be pretty easy with the CSP given how much empty space there is on the front of the card.  The back is the side that's crowded.

@yudeology101 wrote:

I don't really care about the EMV chip, but how about Chase using the money to make the card a bit heavier, like the Rtiz?  I would rather have the heavier feel of the card than what now is the 'popular' EMV chip technology that all cards are offering.

Start a new thread on that topic.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.