Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

Chase

Granted I still have quite a ways to go on my re-building but at some point would like to try to get a CC from Chase because I've never burned them in any way.  (actually never had any accounts with them previously) So I'm wondering I just got a new auto lease a month ago and it's through Chase so now I am starting a relationship with them.  Granted I have a co-signer, but will the fact that I'm going to have this auto lease with on time payment history help me in the future to get my foot in the door with Chase for a CC?  I was interested in either the BP gas card or maybe Chase Freedom as they seem the most likely for someone with lower credit score. 

I'm just doing some research while I continue to clean up my credit report.  There isn't a lot I can clean up at this point as everything has been settled that went to collections or paid off.  So on a manual review it would show paid.  I'm sure it is still tanking my score though.  I know I just need more time. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase

It definitely will help. Just keep it up for 3-6 months at the very least and your chances should be decent.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Around what range are your current FICO scores? I got my Chase card with about the lowest scores someone can have and still be approved. It took over a month of jumping through hoops...MY scores were around the 645 level...

Message 3 of 5
mt2va
Established Contributor

I'm at 517 EQ (lender pull for car loan) & 505 TU (from here) & unsure about EX.  I had a co-signer (800+ FICO score) though so I know that's why that happened.  I just wondered if me having them as a TL once it's been open and reporting for several months as my score continues to improve would give me a better chance with them since they would have a relationship with me at that point. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 4 of 5
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I think you are going to need to improve your scores some before you will be eligilble for Chase Freedom.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.