Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase

tag
mickmatt8
Valued Member

Chase

Do you guys think Chase (or even CitiBank, etc) will allow you to apply for the same credit card again in the future so that you can combine it in the future? Like can you apply for Slate then combine and wait 6 months and apply then combine again? That would COMPLETELY remove the need to ask for CL increases. 

Chase Freedom 11000 | Wells Fargo 2600 | CitiThankYou Preferred 3000 | AMEX EveryDay 10000

FICO Scores: EQ 735; TU 751; EX 740
Chase $11000; Citibank ThankYou Preferred $4300; Wells Fargo Platinum $3900; AMEX $30000
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase

@mickmatt8 wrote:

Do you guys think Chase (or even CitiBank, etc) will allow you to apply for the same credit card again in the future so that you can combine it in the future? Like can you apply for Slate then combine and wait 6 months and apply then combine again? That would COMPLETELY remove the need to ask for CL increases. 

Chase Freedom 11000 | Wells Fargo 2600 | CitiThankYou Preferred 3000 | AMEX EveryDay 10000

With Chase, you can only have one 'like' cc. 

Message 2 of 17
mickmatt8
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:

@mickmatt8 wrote:

?

FICO Scores: EQ 735; TU 751; EX 740
Chase $11000; Citibank ThankYou Preferred $4300; Wells Fargo Platinum $3900; AMEX $30000
Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mickmatt8 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@mickmatt8 wrote:

?

1 Slate, 1 CSP, 1 Freedom -pretty sure they changed that rule last year

Message 4 of 17
awp317
Frequent Contributor

My father before he passed away at one point had 4 chase slate cards. It was real strange on the limits too, one had a 1200 dollar limit, one had a 2500 dollar limit, one had a 14k limit and the other had a 40k limit.

He said he is not sure how it happened but all he knows is chase bought out banks that he had other cards from and one day had 4 chase slate cards. That 30 years ago were from 4 different banks. Chase are the ones who sent them to him and it was never a problem. He hardly used them and they never cared. kinda funny really.

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 5 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I believe Chase changed their policy in late 2013 saying that now you can only app for and be approved for 1 of the same cards (i.e. CSP, Freedom, Slate, Marriott). Now, if you had a Slate and applied for the Marriott just to close it and add the CL to Slate, there may be a chance you can app for it again in the future to just move the CL over again. However, I would think that Chase would catch on sooner or later if the app is with the same card. 

You could always just let your current Chase cards/CL's mature over time and eventually grow. That way you are not taking the hits with the HP and the New TL resulting in a lower AAoA.

Message 6 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@azguy13 wrote:

I believe Chase changed their policy in late 2013 saying that now you can only app for and be approved for 1 of the same cards (i.e. CSP, Freedom, Slate, Marriott). Now, if you had a Slate and applied for the Marriott just to close it and add the CL to Slate, there may be a chance you can app for it again in the future to just move the CL over again. However, I would think that Chase would catch on sooner or later if the app is with the same card. 

You could always just let your current Chase cards/CL's mature over time and eventually grow. That way you are not taking the hits with the HP and the New TL resulting in a lower AAoA.

From Chase's website

Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.

Message 7 of 17
Trivolve
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

From Chase's website

Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.

If I'm reading this correctly, does this also apply if I have Chase Sapphire now and I apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred in the future (can i have both cards? can i have the signup bonus for CSP too?) 

[Total CL: $97K] Citi Forward, BoA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Hyatt, AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX Hilton Hhonors, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thankyou Preferred, Barclaycard Arrival Plus, AMEX Platinum, Chase IHG
Message 8 of 17
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Trivolve wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

From Chase's website

If I'm reading this correctly, does this also apply if I have Chase Sapphire now and I apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred in the future (can i have both cards? can i have the signup bonus for CSP too?) 

Those are 2 different cards so I think that should be fine

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 9 of 17
Shock
Established Contributor

so say i apply for the sapphire preferred, decide i dont want it, and move the limit to my freedom. then a year later i cant apply for the sapphire preferred anymore because i had it once upon a time?

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.