Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Credit Card Accounts Several Times Daily

tag
doood71
Regular Contributor

Re: Checking Credit Cards Accounts Several Times Daily

Hey!  I used to do the same thing, now I just update the "my portfolio" service daily through bank of america.  It makes life so much easier. Smiley Very Happy

I still log in periodically to make payments of course, and to check for any account changes!

2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Message 21 of 26
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

DI, I check all of my accounts on a daily basis...except for Sundays.  I noticed that US Bank updates my accounts in the afternoon, so why do I waste my time checking them in the morning?  Smiley Tongue
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 22 of 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@bakalao2k wrote:
DI, I check all of my accounts on a daily basis...except for Sundays.  I noticed that US Bank updates my accounts in the afternoon, so why do I waste my time checking them in the morning?  Smiley Tongue

Because you can. Smiley Happy

Ok that's my last dumb comment here.

Message 23 of 26
laz98
Senior Contributor

i use mint too, but it's not as useful as i thought it would be originally.  i prefer to just go to the sites to get detailed information.

i actually have many ocd traits...most of them are pretty stupid, i admit, but i can't help it!  just makes me feel better to do them.

Message 24 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

i use mint too, but it's not as useful as i thought it would be originally.  i prefer to just go to the sites to get detailed information.

i actually have many ocd traits...most of them are pretty stupid, i admit, but i can't help it!  just makes me feel better to do them.

I tried using programs like MInt. But they don't work too well.  Those programs have problems with the security questions and answers associated with the accounts.  I find it easy for me to just go directly to the source website.  

Message 25 of 26
laz98
Senior Contributor

DI wrote: 
I tried using programs like MInt. But they don't work too well.  Those programs have problems with the security questions and answers associated with the accounts.  I find it easy for me to just go directly to the source website.  

yeah, that is definitely becoming a problem for me.  i don't use it everyday like i used to anymore.  sometimes i just do it to see if my balances has updated due to new statements.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.