Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip and Pin - USAA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chip and Pin - USAA

Well, I will be the ugly American on my trip to the UK in the Spring then.  I can live with that.  Thanks for the information though.  Maybe befor I go my socres will improve to get a Diner's Club.  Some baddies are coming off soon.

Message 11 of 12
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

Re: Chip and Pin - USAA

@haiti222 wrote:

Also, since April, USAA has been issuing Chip and Signature priority cards, not Chip and Pin as they did previously. See flyertalk.com for all the details. UNFCU and Diner's Club are the only true Chip and PIN cards being issued in the US at this time. This has a bearing on certain unattended kiosks, toll roads, automatic gas pumps, and such in Europe. 

Even if it is chip and sig would you still get a pin? I have a secured card from last year that is chip and pin(used it multiple times throughout Ireland and the UK) and then I got a unsecured card this year and it also has a pin(I got a lettet in the mail with my pin) but when I tried using it in Mexico it made the computer print out a reciept to sign.

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.