Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit City Upgrade!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Circuit City Upgrade!

My dad and I have a Circuit City card (store card) called yesterday about an upgrade to visa and was told no.  Called back door number today and he said he couldn't do it but transfer me to customer service, they put me on hold and came back and said yes, visa is on it's way!
If at first you don't succeed, try again!

I'm hoping to now product change it to southwest when I get it.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Circuit City Upgrade!

Good job!  Congrats.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did he have A balance on the card.  I have been trying to get updated for years.  Always no
Message 3 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

Comp5569's post about getting a Circuit City CC has been split off to form its own thread. New thread title: Anyone have Circuit City cards?

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
My dad and I have a Circuit City card (store card) called yesterday about an upgrade to visa and was told no.  Called back door number today and he said he couldn't do it but transfer me to customer service, they put me on hold and came back and said yes, visa is on it's way!
If at first you don't succeed, try again!
I'm hoping to now product change it to southwest when I get it.

Way to go. I didnt have my circuit city visa but for a few months and then i product changed to chase freedom plus.
Message 5 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the circuit city card was from 2006 and had been sitting with no balance for last 2 years. called the first time and was told no, called the 2nd time and was told yes and go the upgrade.  I'm hoping after a statement or 2 it will let us product change.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently called the backdoor number, that does the combining, to Chase and asked if they could upgrade the  Circuit City store card to the Visa.  The lady was very nice and explained that I needed to speak to the product change dept., she did not blow me off, but put me on hold and few minutes later she came back and said that someone else will be helping me.  The other lady came on the phone and started reading a lot of thing that I was not paying attention to ,so I stop her and ask if I could change the store card to the visa.  She explained that they just upgraded me and she was going over the new terms.  I ended up with a lower APR.  My current balance was 499 and as soon as I pay off my the new card I will combine it with the freedom. .   

Message 7 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just wish you could product change away from Circuit City Visa!!! we only have 1 store left after they closed the others and I want Southwest Card.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried calling Chase's backdoor number  877-781-3109. This is the number I called.  I learned about backdoor numbers from this board.  This forum has help me out alot.  
Message 9 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes the backdoor number is how i got the upgrade to visa, but i have been told multiple times now that circuit city is one of the cards that can not be product changed out.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.