Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit City right to Best Buy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Circuit City right to Best Buy

I was worried quite a bit about loosing my only credit card (yes I know I need more) when Circuit City went out of business.

But just got a letter from Chase saying the card will automatically switch over to a Best Buy Chase card without any action by me and I get to keep all history and credit limit.

Man I was worried, that is why I never paid off the 123.00 balance off and kept paying the min. just to keep card open as long as I could.

SWEET!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Circuit City right to Best Buy

Hi there and Congratulations on the product change...I know others have worried about what would happen to their Circuit City cards.

You didn't ask for advice and I hope you won't be upset when I say that, yes, you need other cards. I've read other threads where you discussed the fact that your reports never increase from there 660-680ish range. I really think this may be your problem. Another cc or two might be exactly what you need to carry you over 700.

BTW...as soon as Chase took over for Wamu I went on app spree and received 3 new cards better than any of the others I already had. Thinking of Chase holding so much control over my credit totally scared me.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can always take advice.

I know I need another one and think I can get approved but was waiting for at least 700 with somebody. But now that you mention it I have been at this range for a YEAR.

But I am scared as heck to get turned down due to past issues back in 2003 with 1 60 day late with the Chase card. And credit card companies hate 60 days late no matter how long ago.

Trans = 689

Equifax = 673

Exp = 683

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the 60 day late is so old and you still do business with Chase have you tried GW to have it removed?

I understand being a bit afraid to apply, but I've seen people here getting approved for cards with MUCH worse on their credit reports. I know that I was approved when my BK was newer than your 6 yr. old 60 day late.

I truly believe that what will hurt you most when applying now will be the lack of revolving credit reporting and not the 60 day late.

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Circuit City to Best Buy???

Best Buy credit cards are backed by Household Bank, how is Chase issuing one? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Circuit City to Best Buy???

Best Buy credit cards are backed by Household Bank, how is Chase issuing one? 

This is happening and being discussed in another thread here.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=154268&view=by_date_as...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure but Evidently they have some kind of agreement.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.