cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cit Double Cash WEMC - Does Have Full WEMC Benefits

sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Cit Double Cash WEMC - Does Have Full WEMC Benefits

I am completely amazed at how many people actively seek out the visa signature, and WEMC, and yet almost no one uses the added services and perks that come with these cards. It seems as if it is just more of a status symbol than anything. The credit card issuers like them, because they charge merchants a higher swipe fee than on the plain jane visa and mastercard. Once your score gets fairly high...they do not even ask if you want the higher tier card. Personally, I wish they would, because except for my credit unions visa cards(2 different credit unions), all my Visa cards are signature. I have never used the signature cards exclusive perks, nor do I expect I ever will.

TU fico08=844 09/16/21
EX fico08=833 09/16/21
EQ fico09=829 09/16/21
EX fico09=823 09/16/21
EQ fico bankcard08=864 09/16/21
TU Fico Bankcard 08=879 09/16/21
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 31 of 32
Dinosaur
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cit Double Cash WEMC - Does Have Full WEMC Benefits

@sarge12 wrote:

I am completely amazed at how many people actively seek out the visa signature, and WEMC, and yet almost no one uses the added services and perks that come with these cards. It seems as if it is just more of a status symbol than anything. The credit card issuers like them, because they charge merchants a higher swipe fee than on the plain jane visa and mastercard. Once your score gets fairly high...they do not even ask if you want the higher tier card. Personally, I wish they would, because except for my credit unions visa cards(2 different credit unions), all my Visa cards are signature. I have never used the signature cards exclusive perks, nor do I expect I ever will.

To each his own.

Starting Score: 850
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.