cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 10x TYP Offer On Travel Question...

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Citi 10x TYP Offer On Travel Question...

I currently have 2 concurrent offers I've accepted on my Sears M/C for 5x TYP on everyday spend (up to $1k) and 10x TYP on travel related purchases. For those with experience in TYP offers---would gas fall into the 10x travel category or 5x general spend?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi 10x TYP Offer On Travel Question...

I always get the Sears TYP offers via snail mail.  From the back of my promo mailing:

"Travel purchases are transactions made at hotels, rental cars, airfare, limosines, taxicabs and travel agencies and as identified by the merchant."  (emphasis mine)     So...no. 

Gas does get accounted for in a combined 10X restaurant+grocery+gas promo that gets recycled just about every quarter.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I always get the Sears TYP offers via snail mail.  From the back of my promo mailing:

"Travel purchases are transactions made at hotels, rental cars, airfare, limosines, taxicabs and travel agencies and as identified by the merchant."  (emphasis mine)     So...no. 

Gas does get accounted for in a combined 10X restaurant+grocery+gas promo that gets recycled just about every quarter.

WOW! I'd love to get in on one of those 10x restaurant+grocery+gas promos just once. I've never seen one--only the 5x--unless it was before last Fall when I started collecting pts.-miles-etc and stopped concerning myself with high CLs. and missed the email(s).

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So out of curiosity, how long did it take after getting the card/PC to TYP before offers started to show up? Cuz my Dick's scorecard I got 2 offers in 2 weeks: $10 bonus w/ 3 purchases totaling $100 outside of store/ $10 bonus w/ any dining purchase no minimum listed, got card in Sept. I think
Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So out of curiosity, how long did it take after getting the card/PC to TYP before offers started to show up? Cuz my Dick's scorecard I got 2 offers in 2 weeks: $10 bonus w/ 3 purchases totaling $100 outside of store/ $10 bonus w/ any dining purchase no minimum listed, got card in Sept. I think

Something like 12 years lol - I was one of the first converts by Citi from the store card to Sears M/C after they took over management of the portfolio in the early 2000s. 

Seriously though there have been a few people here who reported starting to see targeted offers a few months after getting their Sears M/C. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

With daily driver use for a month, perhaps? Lol 12 years better app soon if I want the offers Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.