Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 5% back offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi 5% back offer

I received an offer in my email from Citi for my simplicity card. Get 5% back as a statement credit on restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, drugstores, and commuter transportation merchants. Capped at $25 back for 500 spend. Citi is really trying to get me to use my card. I constantly get BT checks in the mail. Also, they lowered my apr to 1.99% through september. Not sure if this cashback offer is targeted or not. Just thought i'd share.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi 5% back offer

@Anonymous wrote:

I received an offer in my email from Citi for my simplicity card. Get 5% back as a statement credit on restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, drugstores, and commuter transportation merchants. Capped at $25 back for 500 spend. Citi is really trying to get me to use my card. I constantly get BT checks in the mail. Also, they lowered my apr to 1.99% through september. Not sure if this cashback offer is targeted or not. Just thought i'd share.

Wow that's a pretty amazing offer. I'm sure it was targeted. They like you, and want you to need them more Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're offering you $25 for $500 spend? Are they out of their mind? You would be better off apping for something new.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They're offering you $25 for $500 spend? Are they out of their mind? You would be better off apping for something new.

How's that exactly?

They're offering him a capped 5% statement credit cash back. That's not bad. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got something similar for my Simplicity in...November I think? It was for department stores, electronics stores, and toy stores, 5% back up to $25, and a 1.99% APR through July.

I put some spend on it hoping they'll give me more offers like that in the future but who knows how it works.
Message 5 of 15
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's targeted.. I got it a few times when I had the card. Closed it recently so I can move the limit to my Citi Hilton card. Could of kept it and had a lower limit but I didn't use it so I just offered to close it for the higher limit.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing the information with us.
Message 7 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, sort of. This is a card OP already has, and they're offering an extra benefit. If you use it, you use it. If not, no harm, no foul.

At least OP's has pretty broad categories like drugstores and groceries. Getting offers like this but for "toy stores" is probably far less useful to the majority.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's targeted.. I got it a few times when I had the card. Closed it recently so I can move the limit to my Citi Hilton card. Could of kept it and had a lower limit but I didn't use it so I just offered to close it for the higher limit.

Was it a HP to move the credit line?

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, sort of. This is a card OP already has, and they're offering an extra benefit. If you use it, you use it. If not, no harm, no foul.

At least OP's has pretty broad categories like drugstores and groceries. Getting offers like this but for "toy stores" is probably far less useful to the majority.

Yeah I'm not sure how getting this offer can be viewed as a bad thing to sc32valve lol. I will charge 500 toward my wedding venue payment. They code it as restaurant. Easy $25 bucks on money I was already going to spend. Seems like a win to me.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.