Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Advantage Credit Card Offer

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Citi AA Advantage Credit Card Offer

I am a little clear on the AA Advantage offer, one offer is for 40,000 miles with a $3,000 minimum spend. Another spot on the page it says 30,000 miles for a $1,000 spend. So do you think they are two separate offers or if I spend the $1,000 I will get the 30,000? I applied on the one that said 40,000 and was approved. Got the card today.

I apped for the Visa Signature and was system declined because they only allow 1 app in 30 days.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi AA Advantage Credit Card Offer

I'm not sure on the 30,000 for 1000 spend. I working towards the 3,000 for the 40,000 now. I'm not doing any unusual spending to try and get it, just paying everything with Citi that I normally would use my debit card for then paying it right back with checking account. Chasing the 40,000 points can get you in trouble if your budget can't afford it. If I get there paying normal bills then that's great ( which I should) but not going in debt to get it. Congrats on the new card!
Message 2 of 4
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

It's two different offers. 30K for $1K and 40K for $3K. If you got the card with the 40K offer you will need to spend $3K to get the points. If in doubt call the number on the back of the card to verify the offer you accepted. 

Message 3 of 4
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I use Chargesmart.com it will cost me $32 to pay my mortgage with the CC but $64 for 40,000 miles is a good deal!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.