Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Amex Recon...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citi AA Amex Recon...

So applied for Citi AA Amex got declined due to bk on report.  

I printed out updated report (20 pages) through creditexpert.com and I sent that with a letter stating I wanted a 1500.00 limit, no more.  

The credit report I printed did not show my bk, don't ask me why, and in the bullited points on the last page of the report it stated what is raising your score "no bankruptcy etc" so I flagged that page so they would see it and I said "see here" on a post it

Do you think they will go with what I sent them and approve it or do another hard inquiry?

Part of me thinks they will do another hard inquiry

What do you think?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Citi AA Amex Recon...

From what i hear citi absolutely stinks at recons. They leave wayyy to much decision making to the computers, while leaving the reps virtually powerless to overturn the decision. Maybe you will have better luck but ill bet they are definitely gonna do an additional HP. Good luck though, hopefully they will reconsider your app and approve it.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

They will do another HP, since it is possible for someone to forge their credit report.

However, when faxing a credit report over, use the report that is directly from CRA, not third party like creditexpert.com.

Message 3 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Well I figure if they go with what I sent, I will be golden but if they do another hard pull I might not be so lucky

They do say in the denial letter they want the COMPLETE report sent...well I sent ALL 20 pages

Why would they ask for the complete thing if they are just gonna do another hard pull?

Message 4 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

So, if they do the hard pull and still see the BK there, I guess I won't get it

BUT do they ALWAYS do another hard pull?

Is there a chance I could get lucky?

Message 5 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I know they make mistakes...they did after all approve me for a Citicard (secured) one month after my bk had been discharged...that was a mistake.

Message 6 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

They want you to fax over the report first because they want a valid reason to HP you again. Pulling a credit report cost them money.

They HP you during recon because they want to make sure you aren't sending in a forged credit report.

Message 7 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Ok I understand that, but I MAILED in (20) pages. 

Well, I guess there goes my chances, because for all I know when they HP the bk will be there

Message 8 of 20
gettnthere
Established Contributor

There's always a chance you could still get it. There have been some people that have done what you have and gotten approved. I think your only problem would be is if they do another HP and the BK still shows up. But hopefully they will put serious consideration into the report you sent and meet you in the middle somewhere, even if started with a less than desirable credit limit. Citi is great with SP CLI so i wouldn't even worry about that.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

That is true

Do you think they accept a credit expert report as a valid report?

I did make it extremely clear by stapling the post-it sticking out the last page that shows the bullited point that there are no bk's listed, so it would be easy for them to see that and approve the app

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.