cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Balance Doesn't Impact Score, At All?

tag
Lawlover2
Contributor

Citi AA Balance Doesn't Impact Score, At All?

I recently recv'd the Citi AA card w/ a $9k limit (after 2 years of credit repair from 400's to 670's - woo hoo).  Anyway, l was so excited that I didn't check to make sure this reported the credit limit - and, it doesn't.  Interesting, though, is what I figured out (did research, didn't find this discussion on this board . . . ). but, this card has no impact at all!  If it shows $3k on $9k, it doesn't increase or decrease my util rate.  For example, I have $4,600 in other credits cards so I try to report a balance of $322 (7%) and the Citi card showed a balance of $3k and it still showed my balance as 7%. I would think it would show a 24% util rate?  no change to my score either?  I've doen this 2 months in a row now?  anyone else have a similar experience?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AA Balance Doesn't Impact Score, At All?

I also have the Citi AA Bronze card with 6k limit and they only reported the balance but not the CL...Since I saw the overall balance on all my credit card accounts, I assume it does effect my utilization. I'm trying to call Citi to report the Credit Line which I haven't done yet..

I believe all Citi AA accounts have no pre-set spending limit, though they do put the limit on your account but the account has no pre-set spending limit whatsoever. I know this because I receive my first statement in the mail and it stated in the statement. They won't charge you overlimit fees (i hope so) etc but you do have the pay the balance in FULL if you go over the limit..HmMmm

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 09-25-2009 02:53 PM
Message 2 of 4
athensguy
Valued Contributor

If it's reported correctly and the lender is not using an old FICO, it doesn't affect your util to have a balance on a world/sig/charge card.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally called and request my account to be reported with Credit Limit on my CR for my Citi AAdvantage Bronze card. The CSR told me that the Citi AAdvantage does not have a pre-set spending limit and so therefore they can't do anything about it. However they said I can change the card to something else but I don't want too because the credit limit they assigned can be increased whenever which is something I really like..Oh well! I hope no pre-set spending limit card will not hurt my utilization and credit score...

If anyone else have Citi AAdvantage please share your experience here! Thanks and much love 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.