Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Bureau Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AA Bureau Pull

I'm looking to get the Citi AA Advantage soon. Does anybody know what bureau Citi pulls from and what scorewise will be the lowest score possible compare to DP's to get approved. I thank anybody in advance that has some experience with Citi.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AA Bureau Pull

It can vary OP.  IME, they've pulled EX or EQ.  Some folks have reported a combination of 2 CRAs.  You can reference the following link for some guidance, but keep in mind YEMV.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Message 2 of 7
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

Citi usually double pulls me from EQ and EX.  Spouse gets single pull from EQ.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 3 of 7
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

My 1st app with citi in my rebuild which is my AAdvantage, they pulled my EX & EQ! However, my Rewards+ couple of months ago was only an EQ pull. 

As with everything citi, the number of Inquiries plays a significant role in approval or denial. 

I suggest you plan your citi app at least 12 months in advance with no more than 2 for the year and 1 in the last 6 months. Of course, some with really strong profiles can over come that hurdle! GL!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I've noticed Citi likes to pull EX and EQ on first core card, subsequent apps may be just EQ.

Citi Retail likes EQ. As stated above, YMMV!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your responses that helps me understand better how Citi works. I'll dig in more to add my possibilities on a approval I guess I'll have to wait till next year I opened 7 new CC in the past 12 months and about 5 in the last 6 sooo since they are on the conservative side like WF no other choice but to wait.
Message 6 of 7
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  Single EX Pull here in VA

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.