Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA CL Move + Close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AA CL Move + Close

I have both Citi AA cards, the Platinum Select and the Executive. I'm trying to slim down my portfolio, and want to close the Platinum Select. The Amex Gold gives me 4x on groceries and I don't own a car; so the bonus categories aren't that exciting. Can I move the CL of the PS to the Executive before closing? If so, do you recommend chatting or calling in to do so? I recall hearing sometimes they HP; which at this point I don't really care. I'm not planning on opening any cards and my last HP was about 15 months ago. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AA CL Move + Close

As far as I know per last known DP's,  there is no HP for moving CL's. You definitely want to call them them IMO, chat can be vague at times.

Calling is give a cleare picure of what you're asking them to do an in which order. Step 1 reallocated CL, step 2 close unwanrted card. Finished

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thought it was a HP to move CL's?

Message 3 of 5
NoHardLimits
Frequent Contributor

When I called to cancel my Prestige card last year, the phone rep gave me the option to move some (but not all) of the CL to my Dividend card.  There was no hard pull involved.

March 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 11 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 1/12, 2/24 | Util: 2% | DTI: 1%
Message 4 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thought it was a HP to move CL's?

This is one case where YMMV is a total crapshoot.  Previously, in order to reallocate limits you essentially needed to be approved for a CLI on the receiving card (with a HP) before another card was closed or its limit was reduced.  There have been a handful

of reports over the past year that some people were lucky and had limits combined prior to closure.  It's something I may very well try myself in April when it's decision time on Premier unless I just decide to make it a Double Cash or even an AA card for the lulz.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.