cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA PC...no go for less than a year old ?

tag
911GT3
Established Member

Citi AA PC...no go for less than a year old ?

Hey guys, wondering if you know or have had a similar experience. Called the retention line and they advised that they cannot review an account opened less than a year for a PC or a consideration for World Elite status? That sound right? They threw in reducing my APR to 11.99 for 6 months, thats about all I got out of that call Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: Citi AA PC...no go for less than a year old ?

I feel like a year or until the promo period ends (whichever is longer) is pretty normal.

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 2 of 6
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

The card act prohibits pc'ing to a higher af card within the first 12 months of opening an account.

Not sure if this applies based on your post but if you wanted to pc from a 0 af card to the Citi AA, this would be why they could not do so.

If its the other way around and you wanted to downgrade to a lower af product, there is no such prohibition, and the decision would be based on citi policy

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

The card act prohibits pc'ing to a higher af card within the first 12 months of opening an account.

Not sure if this applies based on your post but if you wanted to pc from a 0 af card to the Citi AA, this would be why they could not do so.

If its the other way around and you wanted to downgrade to a lower af product, there is no such prohibition, and the decision would be based on citi policy

OptimusPrime Is correct, at least 13 months.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
911GT3
Established Member

my mistake, to clarify, the current card is the $95 AF AA Platinum Select and I was wanting to do a cash rewards or TY card (both no AF).

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned by the above posters, if the current product is less than 12 months, it will not qualify or be elegible for conversion.  If there is a promotional offer attached to it from the date of approval (such as BT or 0% purchase @ 12 or 18 mos), then until that promotion expires.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.