Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA World Mastercard

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Citi AA World Mastercard

Today I called Citi to see if I could upgrade from the Citi Gold AA World Mastercard to the Citi Platinum World Mastercard.  I do not know why I never apped initially for the Platinum but the difference is the amount of miles you can earn annually and a couple of other added benefits.  So they USED to send me all these letters saying all you have to do is pay the extra annual fee and you can switch status categories and it was the same account number, etc.   I never did because I wasn't traveling much.  Well today I called to switch and they said unfortunately under new credit reform law we are not allowed to do this anymore and you would have to app for a new card. Boo! Hiss! I'd also lose my "Member since" date with them for this card which stinks. So I will stick with the AA Gold World...I really would like to see the "Platinum" on there but the lady said the card categories are "World" status but the Gold/Platinum is a little deceiving because they just reflect the maximum points you can earn but the card quality and status is still the same.

That made me feel better at least. Smiley Wink

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AA World Mastercard

I called citi myself yesterday to see if I could change my present card platinium select to the platinium dividends card and it was a nonwhere situation I quess years ago you were able to product change cards but not anymore, but of course citi will offer you to rack on having multi credit cards,  what a nice change for credit reform huh, LOL

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I know. It stinks! Credit reform has lot of bad stuff attached to it that I do not think your average joe would have expected.  There is more red tape. ;(

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Credit reform doesn't keep banks from switching products, although banks like to blame their refusal to do so on the law. The bank equivalent of "My mommy won't let me."

BofA has offered to swap out my card for a number of other products, keeping the history, etc.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I don't know. I called up a few minutes ago to try again to see and they said unfortunately it is considered a different product so they wouldn't be able to do it anymore. Again, I got the credit reform line.  

Ah well. Whatever.  Smiley Happy I've come to terms that even though I have healthy debt so to speak that I am one of those people that just don't have the luck everyone else has. 

===========
Message 5 of 6
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

My husband called  citi a few days ago about lowering his APR and a product change as well. they did lower his rate to 9.99 for 6 months and said to call back after that. which was was pretty good.

regarding the product change, they said the same thing- couldn't do it right now. but they did say to call back in a few months as they will be offering it again.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.