Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA & AMEX TE - Chances of Approval

tag
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

Citi AA & AMEX TE - Chances of Approval

My time in the garden (a whopping 40 days or so) is about to end.

I really wanna get a AMEX TE and a Citi AA.

My current credit karma is 682. My Discover Fico was 712. Credit Sesame is saying 655

The only baddie is on my EX and its a stupid collection from AFNI I paid and disputed, GW and NOTHING.

Everything else is good, except my Util we are all card people (needed to hit that bonus for Southwest) AAoA is 3 years 9 months.

So, do I have a good shot?? or should I garden? Smiley Happy

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AA & AMEX TE - Chances of Approval

How old is the collection? Do you have any existing Citi cards?
Message 2 of 6
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

No exisiting Citi cards

Baddie is 1.5 years old.

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 3 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Have you checked the pre qualifier? I think you have a decent chance. They tend to heavily pull EX though, so if they decline you'd have an uphill battle getting a recon out of them.
Message 4 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Why dont you try Amex first? If you are denied it would be a SP and will give you an idea if you have a shot with Citi. You can also check the the website and see if they have any offers for you. Now if you really want the Citi AA card then go for it and if denied, you can work on the reasons why they declined the app and try again in 3-6 months. Others can chime in but good luck and let us know the outcome if you decide with one or both.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 6
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

No pre-qualified offers yet from Citi.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.