Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA and AMEX blue cash

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AA and AMEX blue cash

I read that now, I am surprised, why they even have this page up then...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the Blue Cash and was instantly approved (only 2K CL)

They pulled Experian, I have 3 inq's in the past year, a CO from back in 2005 (HSBC that is NOT my acct). Those are the bads on my EX report.

The goods are 5 CC's all have perfect payment history, low util, and my AAoA is 5.9 yrs I believe.

My Ex fico is somewhere around 708-710 I'm guessing, I asked the rep when I was approved if she could tell me my credit score and she said she could not tell me over the phone, so I told her my TU Fico was a 704 (at that time) and she did say the score she was looking at was a bit higher than that, I called back a few days later (because I forgot to ask at the time I was approved) I asked a rep if they pull Fico scores when they pull the EX report, she put me on hold and when she came back she said yes, we pull Fico scores, so in my siggy where it says 710 for EX I'm just guessing. I know its above a 704 (she said its a bit above that, whats a "Bit"?)

So with all that said, If I was approved for the Blue Cash with my scores, I can't imagine him being denied with his scores.

Best of Luck!!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just app'ed for CIti AA Visa and Citi AA Amex and was approved for both with $9k limit each.  My oldest card is a cap one no balance $1k limit (opened 9/09).  Second oldest is Citi Forward $1400 balance - $15k limit (opened 11/09).  I also have a BoA no balance - $7.5k limit (opened 10/10).  I have a few inquires from 9/09 to present from home purchase and two new cars and above mentioned CC.  My scores are about 730.

I think since he has a Citi Forawrd that will help get him another Citi card.  I assume thats why they gave me two Citi AA cards.  I too wanted to the 75k miles promo.

Djneph,

Thanks for your response. Your answer definately helps. So your oldest card is from sept 2009? I am assuming that your AAoA is short then because that was the only thing I was worried about for my dbf. If I may ask.... What kind of income did you show? I am just thinking, and anyone can chime in - does the AA require higher income to perhaps substantiate for it? Dbf can show his own income of $50K or HHI of $110K?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for the Blue Cash and was instantly approved (only 2K CL)

They pulled Experian, I have 3 inq's in the past year, a CO from back in 2005 (HSBC that is NOT my acct). Those are the bads on my EX report.

The goods are 5 CC's all have perfect payment history, low util, and my AAoA is 5.9 yrs I believe.

My Ex fico is somewhere around 708-710 I'm guessing, I asked the rep when I was approved if she could tell me my credit score and she said she could not tell me over the phone, so I told her my TU Fico was a 704 (at that time) and she did say the score she was looking at was a bit higher than that, I called back a few days later (because I forgot to ask at the time I was approved) I asked a rep if they pull Fico scores when they pull the EX report, she put me on hold and when she came back she said yes, we pull Fico scores, so in my siggy where it says 710 for EX I'm just guessing. I know its above a 704 (she said its a bit above that, whats a "Bit"?)

So with all that said, If I was approved for the Blue Cash with my scores, I can't imagine him being denied with his scores.

Best of Luck!!

Mustanglvr,

Thanks for the info. The only thing I am worried about is the AAoA - although his scored a little higher - the AAoA is not that good - getting approved for an AMEX would definately help improve the AAoA because it would be backdated to 07 (AU card). Hmmm.....

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

I read that now, I am surprised, why they even have this page up then...

Hmmm...  so is the 75K bonus still available cuz if not than there is possibly no point to apping for it...

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.