Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA card pre-approved, I don't want it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AA card pre-approved, I don't want it

So I received a pre-approved Citi American Airlines card. I don't want it. I don't fly AA and I don't want the $50 annual fee. I do want a Citi card of sorts. What are my options? Do you think if I call they would be willing to give me a different card? I've heard Amex doing that but I don't know about Citi. Thanks for any advice and help! :-) -A P.S. What card should I go for? Scores are all in the upper 600's/low 700's. :-/

Message Edited by ajg on 02-06-2008 08:13 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi AA card pre-approved, I don't want it

Are you in a burning hurry for a new card? If not, the cool thing about mailed pre-apps is that you are now on their radar, and you have the power: sit back, sort through your mail, and wait. When they want you badly enough, they'll give you an offer that looks good. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I received a pre-approved Citi American Airlines card. I don't want it. I don't fly AA and I don't want the $50 annual fee. I do want a Citi card of sorts. What are my options? Do you think if I call they would be willing to give me a different card? I've heard Amex doing that but I don't know about Citi. Thanks for any advice and help! :-) -A P.S. What card should I go for? Scores are all in the upper 600's/low 700's. :-/

Message Edited by ajg on 02-06-2008 08:13 PM

My mom's in a similar boat, she has a Citi AA Gold World MC, but she hates to travel these days. I called Citi as an AU on the card about switching and they sounded willing to change it, but I wasn't prepared to say to "what." I was only calling to see if it's possible. The CSR just told me to go to their website and narrow down some preferences then call back. That was it. So check out their site and write 3 cards down in order of preference then call.
Message 3 of 4
jsmith12345
Regular Contributor

You can definitely change over a Citi card.  It's very easy.  I changed my AA to a Dividend Select Platinum no problem.  Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.