cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA card printed differenly on the reverse or its just my card?

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Citi AA card printed differenly on the reverse or its just my card?

I could not resist the temptation of 75k AA miles and applied for citi AA visa signature last week. Instant approval 9000 CL. Confirmed 75k miles offer with the CSR.

Got the card yda and it looks nice.

When I flipped the card, I figured its printed differently from other cards. On all other cards, you flip the card on the longer edge to read the back (i.e hold from top or bottom and flip) while on this card you flip the card on the shorter edge (hold from right or left and flip).

I am wondering if this is standard for all the citi cards, or only the citi AA?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi AA card printed differenly on the reverse or its just my card?

My first Cap One card was printed upside down on the back. All the others since are normal.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 2 of 9
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

I could not resist the temptation of 75k AA miles and applied for citi AA visa signature last week. Instant approval 9000 CL. Confirmed 75k miles offer with the CSR.

Got the card yda and it looks nice.

When I flipped the card, I figured its printed differently from other cards. On all other cards, you flip the card on the longer edge to read the back (i.e hold from top or bottom and flip) while on this card you flip the card on the shorter edge (hold from right or left and flip).

I am wondering if this is standard for all the citi cards, or only the citi AA?

Yes, this is standard for all Citi cards.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 3 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

Thanks, that helps.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vish1, CONGRATULATIONS Smiley Very Happy

I know you've been waiting to apply, what made you go for it?  As you may have noticed, I too want this card and I just want my scores to be 700 and above before I attempt the app, but I am getting antsy. 

I am waiting for my current reports to update when I have about a 25% util (on one card only) and my cc's have reported for a year and my car loan for two (paying that off in June).   My last inquiries were back in December where I have one on each of my reports. 

Current scores at an 85% util prior to paying them down to 0 except Kay which will be the only one reporting until I pay that off as well in June are EX 4/15/11 - 665; EQ 677; TU 663.  I have a recurring charge which will report monthly after all is said and done to keep my util at about 9%.  I really, really want that card but I don't want the denial Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Vish1, CONGRATULATIONS Smiley Very Happy

I know you've been waiting to apply, what made you go for it?  As you may have noticed, I too want this card and I just want my scores to be 700 and above before I attempt the app, but I am getting antsy. 

I am waiting for my current reports to update when I have about a 25% util (on one card only) and my cc's have reported for a year and my car loan for two (paying that off in June).   My last inquiries were back in December where I have one on each of my reports. 

Current scores at an 85% util prior to paying them down to 0 except Kay which will be the only one reporting until I pay that off as well in June are EX 4/15/11 - 665; EQ 677; TU 663.  I have a recurring charge which will report monthly after all is said and done to keep my util at about 9%.  I really, really want that card but I don't want the denial Smiley Sad

I was getting scared of losing the 75k offer and thought, well I try. My FICO at that time was 687 (EQ. They pulled EQ for me).

My utility at the time of app was about 6% it generally stays around 1 - 2 %

No baddies.

Message 6 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

Oh yes and I sure remember that you have your eyes set on this card...

PM me if you need to find links to get 75k offer.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vish1

Just getting back from vacation and I am checking the boards.  My EQ score is at 683 with a util of about 55% still (I haven't paid the Kay card off yet). 

Thanks for your replies, I am paying that card off this week and waiting for it to report.  I should have a nice jump (I hope) to at least 700.  I have to be patient, lol.

Congrats again! Enjoy your card

Message 8 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

I just checked the offer on flyer talk and figured it may be dead already, be careful and look for recent approvals (with offer) before you pull the trigger.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.