cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA card upgrade before 1st statement?!?

tag
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi card upgrade before 1st statement?!?

@odd_dog wrote:

Hey! Thanks Yude!!....my limit is $13,000.00 and I noticed when I log in already it says WEMC...BUT when I go look at the cards on the site it still refers to it as a WMC so this is pretty interesting......

I'm getting the same thing.  It shows in my account as a WEMC but does not show an offering on Citi's website.  I'm very curious if CL, score or any other factor has something to do with the auto upgrade, especially so quickly.  This is even my first Citi card. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 11 of 94
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats to you both!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 12 of 94
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Yude is probably right about CL over 5K....and I still think Citi is doing this to distiguish itself from the Barclay US Air card that will be turning into an AAdvantage card soon..the Citi card will look pretty awesome with that silver MC logo!!!

Message 13 of 94
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Hey! Thanks Yude!!....my limit is $13,000.00 and I noticed when I log in already it says WEMC...BUT when I go look at the cards on the site it still refers to it as a WMC so this is pretty interesting......

I'm getting the same thing.  It shows in my account as a WEMC but does not show an offering on Citi's website.  I'm very curious if CL, score or any other factor has something to do with the auto upgrade, especially so quickly.  This is even my first Citi card. 

I'm very curious as well!  I just went online to my Citi AA account, no msgs at all. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 14 of 94
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AA card upgrade before 1st statement?!?

Thanks for the update, I just checked my citi AA account and I have the same message too, so I will wait and see how long it will take for this card to arrive but I am really interested in the citi executive world elite I am wondering if I can upgrade to that card probably to soon as I have only had this card for 4 months now.....

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 94
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@tray wrote:

Thanks for the update, I just checked my citi AA account and I have the same message too, so I will wait and see how long it will take for this card to arrive but I am really interested in the citi executive world elite I am wondering if I can upgrade to that card probably to soon as I have only had this card for 4 months now.....

Congrats on YOUR upgrade....why would you want to PC for the Executive....you would miss the sign-up bonuses that are out there...100K and 60K depending on what you can put on the card in 3 months? You are allowed to have both Platinum and Executive, and the Platinum gives you 10% rebate on used award miles that the Executive does not.....I would hate to see anyone miss out on Bonus miles if they can get them.....

Message 16 of 94
sterl1002
Valued Member

@yudeology101 wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

I'm very curious as well!  I just went online to my Citi AA account, no msgs at all. 

I'm out in the cold with you Yude. I have a $2.5k limit. Maybe if we tap loud enough on the window Citi will let us in. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 94
tray
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@tray wrote:

Congrats on YOUR upgrade....why would you want to PC for the Executive....you would miss the sign-up bonuses that are out there...100K and 60K depending on what you can put on the card in 3 months? You are allowed to have both Platinum and Executive, and the Platinum gives you 10% rebate on used award miles that the Executive does not.....I would hate to see anyone miss out on Bonus miles if they can get them.....

I know what you mean it is a nice deal, but for me I doubt I will be approved going cold app, I already have 3 cards with Citi total over 40K probably at my threshold...

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 94
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@sterl1002 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

I'm out in the cold with you Yude. I have a $2.5k limit. Maybe if we tap loud enough on the window Citi will let us in. Smiley Sad

Well, I feel a lil' warmer now knowing someone is out in the cold w/ me! Smiley Wink  Perhaps I should start begging Citi for a CLI for WEMC qualify, i've been pressing that luv button like there's no tomorrow (SP), no luck. Had the account for more than 6months, no signs of any luv yet Smiley Sad

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 19 of 94
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@tray wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@tray wrote:

I know what you mean it is a nice deal, but for me I doubt I will be approved going cold app, I already have 3 cards with Citi total over 40K probably at my threshold...

I hear you, I have 4 cards with Citi now, the two AA cards (Platinum and Executive) are new (my company switched to American so I had to get them - I fly for work alot)....I was able to move credit around from my exisisting Citi Cards when I applied for the Executive....granted I have been a customer with Citi along time and my scores are high....just thowing out options for you, you know your situation best! 

Message 20 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.