Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA mailer

tag
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Citi AA mailer

Received a mailer today with no 24 month language and a nine digit code. It’s good until October.

Question. If I don’t use this one by then when is another one usually sent? Is it a one-time deal or do they keep sending them until you apply. My “cat” doesn’t want to app for a credit card right now.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AA mailer

I’ve received a few of them. First app was denial. I did my research here and when I had better insight, then I went after it. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Is the mailer a "preselected" and/or "invite" to apply? 

Message 3 of 10
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

I’ve received a few of them. First app was denial. I did my research here and when I had better insight, then I went after it. 

I actually would love to app for it, but I’ve opened five cards in the last six months and i’d rather not give Chase any reasons to close my four year old IHG card.

Message 4 of 10
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Invite to apply. My cat doesn’t have a social security number,  just an AA account. 

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MAZDA3 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Invite to apply. My cat doesn’t have a social security number,  just an AA account. 

Ok, those are simply marketing solicitations, not pre-approved offers.  Maybe the kitty cat can spin the wheel and get lucky!  Smiley Happy

Honestly, with what you've shared above (new accounts and all) I would lay low since the outcome may not fare as expected.  That being said, these types of mailers are sent fairly often with different SUB promotions.

Message 6 of 10
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@MAZDA3 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Ok, those are simply marketing solicitations, not pre-approved offers.  Maybe the kitty cat can spin the wheel and get lucky!  Smiley Happy

Honestly, with what you've shared above (new accounts and all) I would lay low since the outcome may not fare as expected.  That being said, these types of mailers are sent fairly often with different SUB promotions.

Am I correct in reading that the Citi AA business version does not report to the credit reports?

Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MAZDA3 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@MAZDA3 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Am I correct in reading that the Citi AA business version does not report to the credit reports?

That is correct.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MAZDA3 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@MAZDA3 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Are you saying that you have a CITI AA Business mailer? 

Message 9 of 10
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Are you saying that you have a CITI AA Business mailer? 

No.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.