Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA plat app pending ?????

tag
amit1326
Valued Member

Citi AA plat app pending ?????

I applied Citi AA plat on 01/19/2014. Its didnt gave me any instant decision. I called after few hours, they gave me reference number & asked to wait 7 days.

I saw HP on EX & EQ. till now it says the same, " it requires further processing" 

As I read in this forum, that they ask for additional docs or anything, but they asked nothing as of now. 

Is there a chance of approval.. 

What are your expert views,, Please advice 

My score : - EX: 734, TU: 721. FICO EQ: 647

In My wallet:

Amex Delta: 15000, Amex Green: NPSL, BOA: 7000, Capital one : 3300, Discover IT: 3000, Chase Freedom: 6000, Best Buy : 5000

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi AA plat app pending ?????

@amit1326 wrote:

I applied Citi AA plat on 01/19/2014. Its didnt gave me any instant decision. I called after few hours, they gave me reference number & asked to wait 7 days.

I saw HP on EX & EQ. till now it says the same, " it requires further processing" 

As I read in this forum, that they ask for additional docs or anything, but they asked nothing as of now. 

In My wallet:

Amex Delta: 15000, Amex Green: NPSL, BOA: 7000, Capital one : 3300, Discover IT: 3000, Chase Freedom: 6000, Best Buy : 5000

I wish I could say approved but the fact that it still says processing is a good sign the bad news is you were borderline which resulted in 2 HP's 

Good luck I'll have my fingers crossed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 21
amit1326
Valued Member

Thanks .. 

waiting for the decision .. 

Message 3 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Best of luck for a favorable outcome. It does look promising from this end.
Message 4 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@amit1326 wrote:

In My wallet:

I wish I could say approved but the fact that it still says processing is a good sign the bad news is you were borderline which resulted in 2 HP's 

Good luck I'll have my fingers crossed 

+1

Fico score difference of 647 to 734 probably required additional review and/or spooked them a bit.  If this is your first Citi card, they tend to be more cautious with approvals.  Once you're in, you're in...Goodluck!

Message 5 of 21
amit1326
Valued Member

Thanks
Yes this could be a reason.
I have best buy store card though with 5k limit, that i guess is managed by citi only.
Let see ....
Message 6 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

The store cards have pretty underwriting requirements and policies. And citi just bought the best buy portfolio not too long ago from capital one.

Don't worry too much about it for now. Call in if you don't hear anything by Friday. Like B335 said, Citi, like Amex and chase, can be sometimes fickle or just hard to understand if this is your first application with them. Once you are in and establish an internal score, things are usually much better.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 21
amit1326
Valued Member

Thanks
Message 8 of 21
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Fingers crossed for you OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 21
amit1326
Valued Member

Smiley Sad The App is still in pending status.. I called 2 days back & they said the application nothing is required but we are waiting on credit analyst to make the decision on your app. I aksed if there is any person I can talk to or if you require any docs from my side. She simply said nothing more required. Just wait for the decision. It has been 6 days. I dont know why they taking so long 

Does anyone has in the same state before...as it happened to me first time .. 

Pls advice 

Thanks 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.