cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select - Samsung/Google Pay Removal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select - Samsung/Google Pay Removal?

Hey all,

I upgraded my phone from a Note8 to a Note20 Ultra and needed to add all of my cards to Samsung Pay. All of my cards were easy to add to my mobile wallet except for my Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select WE MC. 

Samsung Pay provided a number to call Citi for help with activation. After two calls, each rep said that the card was immediately available to use.

I had another representative that was helping me get my sister set up as an AU and let them know that I still couldn't use the card. She said that they were no longer supporting Samsung Pay OR Google Pay! She said just Apple Pay. Can anyone confirm this? I feel like the first two reps truly thought it activated while the AU rep had no idea what she was talking about.

Thanks for your input.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select - Samsung/Google Pay Removal?

If they have removed support, they haven't updated their web pages!  (https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/citi.action?ID=citi-samsung-pay)

Which Citi cards are eligible to use with Samsung Pay?

All Citi-branded consumer credit and debit cards issued in the US are eligible for Samsung Pay, except for ATM cards and American Express cards. In addition, Costco Anywhere Visa® Business cards, CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Select cards and CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® cards are also eligible.

Message 2 of 4
sxa001
Valued Contributor

The rep may have been getting confused between Samsung Pay and Google Pay, they do not and AFAIK, have never supported Google Pay.  This has always been an annoyance of mine.  It finally is a contactless card so I will take that at least... 

Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sxa001 wrote:

The rep may have been getting confused between Samsung Pay and Google Pay, they do not and AFAIK, have never supported Google Pay.  This has always been an annoyance of mine.  It finally is a contactless card so I will take that at least... 

There is also a similar Google Pay web page

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/citi.action?ID=citi-google-pay

which claims the cards are supported

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.