Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage approved with a high CL

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Citi AAdvantage approved with a high CL

Congratulations! Don't forget to take advantage of the Price Rewind function!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

@codesingh wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

AAdvantage mile is generally considered one of the most valuable Frequent Flyer Miles.. Slightly better than United, much better than Delta.. According to my experience. 

BTW.. I was thinking you were approved for something like $30K CL when I saw the subject.

That's right w20031424, esp. because CITI will give one companion fare each year of membership is what tops the skymiles, actually amex's gold delta skymiles used to give a companion fare each year of membership but then they stopped doing that.

...well...the news is i got yet another notification that they added few more hundred and made it to 9.1k for my approval. 9.1k is a high initial CL!! for any lender.

Are you sure the card gives you a companion ticket though? 

Message 12 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

AAdvantage mile is generally considered one of the most valuable Frequent Flyer Miles.. Slightly better than United, much better than Delta.. According to my experience. 

BTW.. I was thinking you were approved for something like $30K CL when I saw the subject.

That's right w20031424, esp. because CITI will give one companion fare each year of membership is what tops the skymiles, actually amex's gold delta skymiles used to give a companion fare each year of membership but then they stopped doing that.

...well...the news is i got yet another notification that they added few more hundred and made it to 9.1k for my approval. 9.1k is a high initial CL!! for any lender.

That was my question!   Was this a targeted offer, because the generally available one doesn't seem to.   When I got one years ago, I think there was a one time coupon, but it was the usual sort of thing requiring (almost) full fare economy to get the companion free, which was often more expensive than two cheap fares.

Message 13 of 14
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

That was my question!   Was this a targeted offer, because the generally available one doesn't seem to.   When I got one years ago, I think there was a one time coupon, but it was the usual sort of thing requiring (almost) full fare economy to get the companion free, which was often more expensive than two cheap fares.

HiLine and longtimelurker...good question and yes...free companion fare...I kept a screenshot of every frame as I progressed thru completing the application.

If otherwise, i will have them shots ready to claim what I understood from their offer.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.