Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

tag
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

Good afternoon MyFICO family!

Background story - I was approved for the Citi AAdvantage card (my first Citi card) earlier this year on January 24th with an APR of 24.24%, MAX is 25.99%.

By the time my 2nd statement was cut, I had qualified for the SUB and always PIF.  So, I called Customer Service to find out if I could have a lower APR and they approved a REDUCTION to 18.24%.  OK, I am good at this point.

My latest statement cut on August 5th.  Yesterday, I received a letter from Citi informing me that my new APR is 17.99%.

My initial thought was why only lower my APR .25%, then I Googled Citi's latest APR pricing for the AAdvantage card and noticed that the MINIMUM APR is 17.99%. 

WOO HOO!!!  APR on my card went from near MAX to MINIMUM in 7 months!!! Smiley Very Happy 

DPs:

EQ FICO8 = 733, according to Citi

UTIL = 5%, only my AmEx Cash Magnet carries a balance month to month due to 0% APR on purchases for the 1st 15 months

Income = 100K+

Spend on AAdvantage card = $300 - $400 per month

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

That's outstanding!! Cograts on the best APR with Citi!

Message 2 of 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's outstanding!! Cograts on the best APR with Citi!

Thanks , I was really surprised by Citi! Smiley Surprised

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Marz2002 wrote:

Background story - I was approved for the Citi AAdvantage card (my first Citi card) earlier this year on January 24th with an APR of 24.24%, MAX is 25.99%.

By the time my 2nd statement was cut, I had qualified for the SUB and always PIF.  So, I called Customer Service to find out if I could have a lower APR and they approved a REDUCTION to 18.24%.  OK, I am good at this point.

My latest statement cut on August 5th.  Yesterday, I received a letter from Citi informing me that my new APR is 17.99%.

My initial thought was why only lower my APR .25%, then I Googled Citi's latest APR pricing for the AAdvantage card and noticed that the MINIMUM APR is 17.99%. 

WOO HOO!!!  APR on my card went from near MAX to MINIMUM in 7 months!!! Smiley Very Happy 

DPs:

UTIL = 5%, only my AmEx Cash Magnet carries a balance month to month due to 0% APR on purchases for the 1st 15 months

Income = 100K+

Congrats. That’s fantastic. Citi might have lowered another .25 because of the Fed Reserve. They lowered rates. Chase just lowered my cards .25 

Message 4 of 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

DPs:

Income = 100K+

Congrats. That’s fantastic. Citi might have lowered another .25 because of the Fed Reserve. They lowered rates. Chase just lowered my cards .25 

Thanks  and CONGRATS on your lower Chase APR! Smiley Very Happy

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats taking ADVANTAGE in the Citi😄
Message 6 of 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats taking ADVANTAGE in the Citi😄

LOL!!! Good to hear from you AJC!  It's a tough job, but someone has to do it! Smiley LOL

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 20
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update.

I just checked the apr on my Citi AAdvantage.  It was originally 17.49% and is now 16.99%.  I have had the card for a little over a year.  

Probably reduced since it is a varable rate.  Strange that the fed only reduced by 25 basis points, but Citi reduced by 50.  

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 8 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I just check my Citi DC, looks like my apr is 14.99%Smiley Happy. I think it was like 20% recentlySmiley Wink
Message 9 of 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Winesnoblv wrote:

Thanks for the update.

I just checked the apr on my Citi AAdvantage.  It was originally 17.49% and is now 16.99%.  I have had the card for a little over a year.  

Probably reduced since it is a varable rate.  Strange that the fed only reduced by 25 basis points, but Citi reduced by 50.  

Many Thanks  for the information.  Your AAdvantage card's APR is 16.99%?  Citi is now advertising their BEST APR for the AAdvantage card is 17.99%

I am really confused now! Smiley Surprised 

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.