cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

Good afternoon MyFICO family!

 

Background story - I was approved for the Citi AAdvantage card (my first Citi card) earlier this year on January 24th with an APR of 24.24%, MAX is 25.99%.

 

By the time my 2nd statement was cut, I had qualified for the SUB and always PIF.  So, I called Customer Service to find out if I could have a lower APR and they approved a REDUCTION to 18.24%.  OK, I am good at this point.

 

My latest statement cut on August 5th.  Yesterday, I received a letter from Citi informing me that my new APR is 17.99%.

 

My initial thought was why only lower my APR .25%, then I Googled Citi's latest APR pricing for the AAdvantage card and noticed that the MINIMUM APR is 17.99%. 

 

WOO HOO!!!  APR on my card went from near MAX to MINIMUM in 7 months!!! Smiley Very Happy 

 

DPs:

EQ FICO8 = 733, according to Citi

UTIL = 5%, only my AmEx Cash Magnet carries a balance month to month due to 0% APR on purchases for the 1st 15 months

Income = 100K+

Spend on AAdvantage card = $300 - $400 per month

 

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33K | NFCU Flagship VS $15K
Apple Card WEMC $6K | Macy's AMEX $4.5K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $194K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

That's outstanding!! Cograts on the best APR with Citi!




UNpopular opinions have served me well and will offer that which has worked for me.
Message 2 of 20
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===


@Hasselfree wrote:

That's outstanding!! Cograts on the best APR with Citi!


Thanks , I was really surprised by Citi! Smiley Surprised

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33K | NFCU Flagship VS $15K
Apple Card WEMC $6K | Macy's AMEX $4.5K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $194K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 3 of 20
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===


@Marz2002 wrote:

Good afternoon MyFICO family!

 

Background story - I was approved for the Citi AAdvantage card (my first Citi card) earlier this year on January 24th with an APR of 24.24%, MAX is 25.99%.

 

By the time my 2nd statement was cut, I had qualified for the SUB and always PIF.  So, I called Customer Service to find out if I could have a lower APR and they approved a REDUCTION to 18.24%.  OK, I am good at this point.

 

My latest statement cut on August 5th.  Yesterday, I received a letter from Citi informing me that my new APR is 17.99%.

 

My initial thought was why only lower my APR .25%, then I Googled Citi's latest APR pricing for the AAdvantage card and noticed that the MINIMUM APR is 17.99%. 

 

WOO HOO!!!  APR on my card went from near MAX to MINIMUM in 7 months!!! Smiley Very Happy 

 

DPs:

EQ FICO8 = 733, according to Citi

UTIL = 5%, only my AmEx Cash Magnet carries a balance month to month due to 0% APR on purchases for the 1st 15 months

Income = 100K+

Spend on AAdvantage card = $300 - $400 per month

 


Congrats. That’s fantastic. Citi might have lowered another .25 because of the Fed Reserve. They lowered rates. Chase just lowered my cards .25 

Message 4 of 20
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===


@blindambition wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

Good afternoon MyFICO family!

 

Background story - I was approved for the Citi AAdvantage card (my first Citi card) earlier this year on January 24th with an APR of 24.24%, MAX is 25.99%.

 

By the time my 2nd statement was cut, I had qualified for the SUB and always PIF.  So, I called Customer Service to find out if I could have a lower APR and they approved a REDUCTION to 18.24%.  OK, I am good at this point.

 

My latest statement cut on August 5th.  Yesterday, I received a letter from Citi informing me that my new APR is 17.99%.

 

My initial thought was why only lower my APR .25%, then I Googled Citi's latest APR pricing for the AAdvantage card and noticed that the MINIMUM APR is 17.99%. 

 

WOO HOO!!!  APR on my card went from near MAX to MINIMUM in 7 months!!! Smiley Very Happy 

 

DPs:

EQ FICO8 = 733, according to Citi

UTIL = 5%, only my AmEx Cash Magnet carries a balance month to month due to 0% APR on purchases for the 1st 15 months

Income = 100K+

Spend on AAdvantage card = $300 - $400 per month

 


Congrats. That’s fantastic. Citi might have lowered another .25 because of the Fed Reserve. They lowered rates. Chase just lowered my cards .25 


Thanks  and CONGRATS on your lower Chase APR! Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33K | NFCU Flagship VS $15K
Apple Card WEMC $6K | Macy's AMEX $4.5K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $194K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 5 of 20
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

Thats taking ADVANTAGE in the Citi😄
Message 6 of 20
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats taking ADVANTAGE in the Citi😄

LOL!!! Good to hear from you AJC!  It's a tough job, but someone has to do it! Smiley LOL

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33K | NFCU Flagship VS $15K
Apple Card WEMC $6K | Macy's AMEX $4.5K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $194K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 7 of 20
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

Thanks for the update.

 

I just checked the apr on my Citi AAdvantage.  It was originally 17.49% and is now 16.99%.  I have had the card for a little over a year.  

Probably reduced since it is a varable rate.  Strange that the fed only reduced by 25 basis points, but Citi reduced by 50.  

FICO 8 EX 764 TU 784 EQ 787
FICO 9 EX 771
Garden since Aug 2019
AMEX - Platinum, BCE, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus (Business)
Barclay - AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - AAdvantage WEMC, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Ameritrade Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
BBVA Compass
Message 8 of 20
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===

I just check my Citi DC, looks like my apr is 14.99%Smiley Happy. I think it was like 20% recentlySmiley Wink
Message 9 of 20
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card - Auto APR REDUCTION to 17.99% <===


@Winesnoblv wrote:

Thanks for the update.

 

I just checked the apr on my Citi AAdvantage.  It was originally 17.49% and is now 16.99%.  I have had the card for a little over a year.  

Probably reduced since it is a varable rate.  Strange that the fed only reduced by 25 basis points, but Citi reduced by 50.  


Many Thanks  for the information.  Your AAdvantage card's APR is 16.99%?  Citi is now advertising their BEST APR for the AAdvantage card is 17.99%

 

I am really confused now! Smiley Surprised 

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33K | NFCU Flagship VS $15K
Apple Card WEMC $6K | Macy's AMEX $4.5K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $194K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.