Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage miles card offer out there,

tag
fico777
Established Member

Citi AAdvantage miles card offer out there,

Hope you all had a great holiday!

So i am looking around everywhere and need a little help .What is the best bonus miles Citi AAdvantage offer out there? I dont care about the,how much you need to  spend in 3 or 4 months  .Just looking for the best bonus ,i have come across 100k but its old.

I welcome all comments ,I like AA miles because i have 188,467k as of now   The best i have seen so far is 50k with a bonus of 5k for adding my AU,as well as other  non miles percs.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage miles card offer out there,

@fico777 wrote:

So i am looking around everywhere and need a little help .What is the best bonus miles Citi AAdvantage offer out there? I dont care about the,how much you need to  spend in 3 or 4 months  .Just looking for the best bonus ,i have come across 100k but its old.

I welcome all comments ,I like AA miles because i have 188,467k as of now   The best i have seen so far is 50k with a bonus of 5k for adding my AU,as well as other  non miles percs.

Thanks

I think is 50k is the only really decent offer out there. Also there is another option, which i am going to test out, is applying fo US airways card since the merger will convert them to AA in 2q next year. One of the major reaason i tried it was because its an non citi and non EX HP card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 14
fico777
Established Member

Never thought of that! thats why i enjoy this forum, so many ways to do things and think outside the box.  

Message 3 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@fico777 wrote:

Thanks

I think is 50k is the only really decent offer out there. Also there is another option, which i am going to test out, is applying fo US airways card since the merger will convert them to AA in 2q next year. One of the major reaason i tried it was because its an non citi and non EX HP card. 

i wondered about that. get both bonuses then merge the miles

Message 4 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@fico777 wrote:

Thanks

Well i don't think we will know until the merge happens. My plan is using us airways+citi aa personal and business, so i can fly First to bkk for my next trip over there.  Using AA miles to fly cathay pacific. 

Message 5 of 14
Kellan
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@fico777 wrote:

Thanks

Well i don't think we will know until the merge happens. My plan is using us airways+citi aa personal and business, so i can fly First to bkk for my next trip over there.  Using AA miles to fly cathay pacific. 

I dont know if this if your first trip to BKK but you should have a wonderful time. It is such a nice place. Pro tip go upstairs to get your taxi when you arive at BKK you will pay much less. AIS and DTAC both have decent cell service. Never tried Truemove. 

EQ: 678
TU: 699
EX: 736
Message 6 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

50k is the best bonus out there for the time being.  It might even be prudent to just jump on it since it's usually like 35k.  If you're up to the spend and have the available inquiries to take, you could throw in an Executive AAdvantage.  They aren't subject to the same 18-24 wait time between apps that the Platinum AAdvantage is.

Message 7 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Kellan wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@fico777 wrote:

Thanks

I dont know if this if your first trip to BKK but you should have a wonderful time. It is such a nice place. Pro tip go upstairs to get your taxi when you arive at BKK you will pay much less. AIS and DTAC both have decent cell service. Never tried Truemove. 

I have family that live in thailand :-) so have been there about probably 15 times in my lifetime. Just went in septemeber flew emirates , the next time i want to try cathay. As far as transportation goes I have one of my cousins drive me some where or have my uncles driver drive me. The traffic in thailand is sooo bad thailand everybody needs to have an driver lol. Last time i went i used AIS, it was fine for me worked almost everywhere  i needed it to. Kind of on an tangent but the cell carrier stores are so much nicer then they are here.

Message 8 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

50k is the best bonus out there for the time being.  It might even be prudent to just jump on it since it's usually like 35k.  If you're up to the spend and have the available inquiries to take, you could throw in an Executive AAdvantage.  They aren't subject to the same 18-24 wait time between apps that the Platinum AAdvantage is.

how often does the executive 100k offer come along i remember seeing it earlier this year. If i am going to pay that huge AF i want to at least get 100k AA points haha.I am hoping the Citi AA 50k offers will still be around next feb or march when i plan to apply for another card that pulls EX. 

Message 9 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if we'll see another 100k offer for Executive again. It seems like the days of 100k anything are gone Smiley Sad

A lot of people were able to meet the min spend, pay it off and close the card before paying the AF. I managed it on one card but wound up paying the AF on the others.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.