Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantge Question?

tag
cottontop
Contributor

Citi AAdvantge Question?

After an eventful few days wrangling with citi, finally got approved for the AA card.  But, here's the rub, I might have won the battle but lost the war.  

Started last week with an app for the AA card.  Denied, called in and of course got the "sorry you'll have to wait for letter" from two different back door numbers.  Well the more I stewed on it over the weekend the more it hacked me off the way it was handled and the fact the pulled TWO reports EX & EQ.  I have a $1000 limit old Citicard that I've had for 18 years w no cli.... I decided to freeze all three reports then ask for a cli to 5000.   Heard nothing.  So I call the retention line..... Finally someone who would listen!  I said after 18 years, no cli, denied for AA, and no one can tell me WHY....I'm done with citi unless you help.

She said "sure I can transfer you to the AA card, but first we have to get limit raised to 5000. I see where you requested the increase and it was approved, but its not going through, let me call credit". Came back on line "your reports are frozen" ...yes, you've already pulled TWO ...."unfreeze them and we'll get this done". ..ok, you sound like you're gonna take care of me, I'll unfreeze ONE, you choose....."Let me call credit again....they want equifax". ... Ok I'm at the computer now, there I unfroze it for you...."thanks let me call credit again....congrats you're cli is approved and I'll PC to AA for you.

I asked about bonus sign up miles, and she said that  I would not get them going through "her" 

Sorry this was so long but the question is:  Are the sign up miles gone for good, or wait till I qualify the spend and raise the issue again with normal CSR?

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantge Question?

bump for you! Also intrested in the anwser

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 2 of 3
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantge Question?

If I understood your post correctly, you did a product change to the AA card.  Bonus miles or points are seldom given unless you are approved for a new card and not a product change.  I have heard of exceptions when cardholders were offered a bonus for upgrading a card, but if you requested a PC, I will be surprised if you can talk them into giving you the bonus.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.