cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - President Office Contact Update...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!!

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pkhuu78 wrote:

I also filed for BK back in 2004.  Just got approved for Citi TY and Citi Hilton Hhonnors Reserve this month.

Try this:

Executive Review Department

P.O. Box 6000

Sioux Falls, SD 57117

718-248-6433

WOW THANKS!

They are closed but I left a message and I might just follow up tomorrow "afternoon" if I don't hear from them in the "morning" as the vcmail says!

This is an AMAZING NUMBER!!!  Anyway I left the message yesterday because they were closed and it's funny because IIm working on about 8 different windows on 2 computers in front of me and I try to stick to 1 major task at a time and work my way down a sticky pad through the day... anyway, Citi was 2 away on my to do for me to call thinking that they "Really Wont Actually Call!" then the phone rings and this soft spoken VERY nice lady says she had a vcmail that I wanted to discuss something... I told her I was declined because of BK and INQ's.  So I said those are 2 Valid points and I won't try to tell you all the INQ were because of car but I said at same time a lot are... I told her I refinanced my car and then turn around and sold it and shopped around for a car and then got some credit cards and now I am shopping around AGAIN for a car and further more most of my INQ that are related to Credit Cards are STORE cards... I was like credit is credit but we are not talking about a lot of money and my last baddies are quite some time ago and the BK is even further ago.

She says "I have a couple people I can call" I thought that was cute... but anyway she is like I will tell them about the multiple rounds of car shopping, refinance etc. and also that the credit cards are small store stuff mostly and all that jazz!!!

She said she should have an answer in next few days and asked if this number she called she should use when she hears, YES!!

So now I sit and wait again! lol

Keep you all posted... Now the one part she did ask for was permission to pull HP, when I said that is okay, she said great that will help... If they hit another report I hope it's TU, im in WAY less debt over with them!

Message 11 of 42
pkhuu78
Contributor

That is great to hear.  I can't wait for you to report back that they approved you.  GOOD LUCK!!

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 12 of 42
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

This is one of those "we are all waiting to hear the outcome" hope it a good one for you!

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 13 of 42
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - President Office Contact Update...

GL! Citi seems tough, esp. w/ recons!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - President Office Contact Update...

Good luck CA!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 42
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Bamagirl, They were all auto approves. Have had the Simplicity card 6 months and CL went from $6200 to $12200 when I hit the luv button. I also have Diamond @6000, Thank You Preferred at $8300 and American Airlines at $8500. Received all 4 between Feb and June this year

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 16 of 42
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

I just applyed and got approved for $11,000...for the same card...had to call the backdoor number and after a 3 minute hold..I had a BK7 in july of 2003...This is my second citibank card in 3 months...4 free nights after spending $2500.00 within 4 months ...sounds like a very good deal to me

Sandman2435-

Were your apps all instant or did you have to recon any of them?

Creditaddict-I can't wait to hear the outcome...gives me some hope..Good Luck!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 17 of 42
sandman2435
Established Contributor

bamagirl1, I got the AAdvantage world mastercard back in may of this year,It was not an auto approve..I called the backdoor number and verified some info and after being on hold for 3 minutes..it came back approved with an $8000.00 limit..I had 2 Inq on Ex..Than last night I pulled the trigger for the hilton reserve card..and again it was not an auto approve..called the backdoor number..and again verifed some info .and came back approved with an $11,000 limit..I had 7 Inq within 6 months with Ex..Now a little info on my credit..I have no balances on any cards and have high limits on them..I have a paid off morgage and no other debt...and make a 6 figure income..I do think the co-branded cards are easier to get..as they do not offer a balance transfer..and the rates seem a little higher..but for me the co-branded cards are better for me as I do travel 3 times a year and the perks are just better for me..I've tried for the other citibank bank cards and always got turned down for reasons like: to many new accounts,..Best of luck to you and I hope this helps you..also use the 1-800-763-9795 number this one seems the best to use..Very friendly CSR's

Message 18 of 42
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I may have to use this number after I'm out of the garden LOL...

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 42
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Sandman--

What do you mean by co-branded? Like the Hilton card etc??

Congrats on the approvals also! Great job  and great starting lines!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.