cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - President Office Contact Update...

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!!

bamagirl1, Yes the co-branded cards are: hilton hhoners,AT&T,AAdantage,..After when you apply and if you don't get an auto approve..Than call the back door number.........1-800-763-9795..if the rep tells you.that they have to transfer you to the other dept to finish your app..than you should be as good as gold..hope this helps

Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - President Office Contact Update...

Has anyone here with a BK got a card from citi with citi on your BK?

I got turned down from citi due to a BK from 1985.. (citi was on my BK list) 

Called the backdoor number twice with no luck so far Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Called back the 718-248-6433 and got "Debbie" Who I'm pretty sure is who I spoke with the week before about recon.  I told her I had not heard back, she apologized and then gave me 605-331-1698 (Presidential Response Team Office) I believe is what she called it and told me to try them after 7AM for me in CA, not sure where they are but I would think at least a hour difference since calls to customers can't happen before 8.

Anyway, I will update after I call in just a little bit.  I did get my denial letter yesterday and just simply says to many INQ and to high of balances. (both true I suppose so we shall see)

Is this number any different then one we already had?

Message 23 of 42
joeyh2007
New Contributor

That's a South Dakota # where their HQ is located. I can PM you a direct number for their credit department who helped me get a CLI on my 5 yr old Platinum Select about to become HHonors Visa Sig. Once you get past the normal CS, Citi is very easy to work with. Don't bother with the 718 #, it's based in Queens in the Long Island City section of Queens and they don't really help with credit cards, but they will give you some good phone numbers to call.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 24 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@joeyh2007 wrote:

That's a South Dakota # where their HQ is located. I can PM you a direct number for their credit department who helped me get a CLI on my 5 yr old Platinum Select about to become HHonors Visa Sig. Once you get past the normal CS, Citi is very easy to work with. Don't bother with the 718 #, it's based in Queens in the Long Island City section of Queens and they don't really help with credit cards, but they will give you some good phone numbers to call.

You can post number on here, but PM is fine, thank you!

Message 25 of 42
joeyh2007
New Contributor

The number to the credit department is: 

605-331-1372

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 26 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - HATE YOU!

In typical Citi fashion, I call President Office as stated earlier... I know it was same lady now that I think of it, so that irritates me that today she is singing a tune of she is not right office, phone number she gave, blah, then phone number from above, that was wrong also according to that rep who gave me another one... call that and it's one of the normal I feel, get to rep who after a while (not US rep either btw) she says social is wrong, confirms new social and says let me look... Ill check CR but comes back denied for exact reasons as first denial with supposed wrong social... she then answers my question that it was computer decided and she transferred me to manager after I told her NOT to mention my BK again when she spoke, and she wasn't able to do that... Manager gets on, takes me a little bit to get an idea rather she is actually a credit person that can over ride computer, she says yes, puts me on hold to look at credit... same thing, BK... Okay so does Citi non co-branded cards get looser terms about the bk because the merchant that co brand is for pays some losses to or? are all regular non co pbrand cards auto deny with BK, of course she kept saying each application...

One last thing what was my score?

She says you have to contact EX for that, we don't give them out

I said EX will give me report but if I want the score I will have to pay for it (isn't score now required with the Credit Law??? no one else has had issue printing it on denial or giving it to me over phone???)

she says that's why we legally can't give them out because EX makes you pay

I told her she was wrong, I then said okay, can you tell me if you pull an EX Fico or Fako or Citi's own mix up by computer.

She repeats something about contacting EX to get report and details on ordering score or something.

I said I couldn't buy FICO EX so if Citi is pulling a Fico that's why I would get it from her.

She started to say something about score doesn't matter, it's credit report that's why I don't tell you blah blah...

I said, Stop... Confirm, You are a Citi Credit Underwriter? "Yes" Okay, Tell me do you KNOW the difference between a FICO Credit Score and a FAKO and which Citi uses? "As I stated before, we did not use your score in approving or denying"

Ill just leave it at that....

Message 27 of 42
john398
Senior Contributor

Found this info on another thread

New credit score disclosures began July 21st, 2011. Regulations require lenders to provide a credit score and related information when they deny a consumer's request for credit or provide credit with less favorable credit terms than other consumers with better credit histories.To read more about this subject go to ScoreInfo.

Message 28 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - President Office Contact Update...

That sucks CA, so they are declining for BK only or that combined with high util/INQ's?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 42
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Found this info on another thread

New credit score disclosures began July 21st, 2011. Regulations require lenders to provide a credit score and related information when they deny a consumer's request for credit or provide credit with less favorable credit terms than other consumers with better credit histories.To read more about this subject go to ScoreInfo.

I thought so...I was denied by Citi and they didn't give me a score with the letter...what the heck?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.